Reason
PALS
Country
UK
State
Merseyside
City
Liverpool
Hello, new to the forum so i do apologize if this topic is in the wrong section.

I've been told by my Dr. that i suffer from 'Drop Foot' and was sent for an EMG test last week. I wasnt told anything there but have an appointment to see my Dr., who said i could maybe have an operation, i'm due to see him on the 16th December. I guess i will find out then the full diagnosis.
I have no idea how this has come about i've never had an operation before, i've never broke/damaged anything so i'm abit stumped at to how this has come about.
What i was wondering though, my Dr. told me if i got the go ahead for the operation he would remove one nerve from the side of my foot an place it into the front of my foot. Should it work then i'm all for it, what i'd like to know though is if this operation was done and successful how long is my recovery time ? Whether it be weeks/months.

Any info would be great :)

Carl

Carl, hello. I'm afraid that this biopsy is done only as one part of diagnostic testing, and the examination of the biopsied nerve in and of itself won't fix your drop foot. I'm told this is a very small cut, and shouldn't take long to heal. Whether it helps them or not probably can't be known until after it's done, unfortunately. The result found from the biopsy could be all sorts of different things, I believe.

Not to mean at all to be rude, but Carl, this forum is for the "worst case scenario", and it probably will not be helpful for you to be here. Those who come when they don't know their diagnosis are very often made very anxious by being here. I realize that this is an anxiety producing time for you anyway, and sincerely wish you the very best diagnosis--such as a nerve entrapment, which may well be your problem. Hugs.
Ann

Sorry for the mis-use of the forum, i just Googled Drop Foot an came across this forum as it had previous topics about it. I apologize an will look elsewhere thanks for your reply

Carl, no need at all to apologize. I simply don't want you to become anxious from being here. I hope your diagnosis is a good one, easily fixed. If the worst case scenario should happen, we will welcome you with sincerity... it's for your sake I hope you don't need us.

Carl, I just saw your other post...in the "welcome" page, and thought I should add that I may be quite wrong. I see that you say you've been diagnosed with ALS/MND in your member's profile by the side. If that's the case, I do apologize. Have you been given a diagnosis?

doesn't sound like it's als

Hi Carl. Sounds like it's not a biopsy as Ann thought. I don't think if your Doc thought you had a MND he'd be suggesting operations. Drop foot can be caused by a few different things. Google has misled you by bringing you here. Please do come back after the 16th to let us know what it is but as Ann said, this can be a scary place to read unless you've been told you might or do have a MND. Good luck.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back