PALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Fernandina Beach
Hello ALS friends,
Did any one else drink too much alcohol prior to be diagnosed.
I did from 2006-2008.
I was diagnosed in October 2010.
Symptoms started in September 2010.
I am really hoping that this did not cause my ALS.
I would like to hear the truth though.
Thanks,
Degenhardt

UM.. excuse me, but you keep posting things saying that you fell and then were diagnosed with ALS, you had surgery and then were diagnosed with ALS, and now you drank too much and was diagnosed with ALS. Forgive my snippiness, but which was it?
I know you must be going through a heck of a lot right now, and it is very very difficult. May i offer a suggestion? If you havent already, get yourself a good support system. Coming here was a great idea, but also try to find one that isnt on the computer.
My guess is that you are wondering if there is anything that you have done to cause your ALS. Is this correct?
Please, do not play the blame game! Unfortunately, there is no concrete answer as to why ALS happens, so beating yourself up over all the things you have done, is well, pointless. All it will do is drive you crazy. You didnt do this to yourself. Try to relax. Its easier said than done, i know. But there is no sense in getting yourself worked up over something there isnt an answer for yet. people can speculate til they are blue in the face, but thats all that it is- speculation. Noone knows for sure.
Please, take care of yourself. Try to relax, and if you havent already, start doing some of the things that youve always wanted to do.

Drinking doesn't cause ALS. If it did there would be lots more. I think my red wine is what's keeping me alive.

AL.

A little more advice? Well, please use the stickies. You can gain alot of knowledge from reading through it. Also, be careful about what you read. A lot of things on the internet are not always correct. Most all of what you would find on this forum is good information, but please keep in mind that a lot of people do come on here and expect a diagnosis, and they also jump to conclusions over certain symptoms. Then these people never come back to the forum to let us know how things went. So some of the things you will read wont be 100% correct.
It difficult sorting through all of the information. And can feel overwhelming. So dont over do it. youve got to take care of all of you in order to reserve energy for the physical stuff. You will learn as you go along. And we will help if you need it. Please utilize the search options on here. Read up. There are many good threads/posts. But above all, try to relax and learn how to control the things that you can, and let go of the things that you cant.
Take care.

Thats what we are here for. Keep posting. We will do our best to help you through your journey

Personally I find a drink quickly releases tension in my legs.. Almost instantly..

What causes ALS? who knows?
I have been wondering about the higher rates within the Military? And in the NFL.

My neurologist say it can, but who can say for sure, only thing I know is I had less problems with my health untill quit.

I stopped drinking after new years 2005.. Six months later I had a heart attack.. Needless to say.. I started again.. :-( Not that I blame stopping for the attack.. Just made me wonder..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back