Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
CA
City
santa maria
Just wanted to share our experience with Dynavox for anyone who is trying to decide on a communication device. Since my mom has only had a Dynavox and can't give recommendations for anything else but I can just say that our experience with customer service has been horrible. My mom's Dynavox stopped working about a month ago. My brother followed all the procedures to be able to send it in to get fixed. He had to fill out paper and send it to the Dynavox offices so that they could check to see if the insurance would cover the cost before he could even send it in to get fixed. Now that they've had the computer for a couple of weeks, they told him that the paper work was never recieved (which is not true) When my brother told the lady this over the phone she just told him to hold and completely changed her story. He's been calling on a daily basis to find out what progress had been made. When it finally got fixed they said they couldn't send it because they still hadn't heard from the insurance so my brother told them that we were willing to pay for it so that they could send it ASAP. He then told them that he wanted to pay so that they could ship it overnight because my mom has been without her computer for about a month now. They said they would ship it out right away (this was on Monday). It is now Thursday and still no computer. My brother has been calling the past couple of days and they keep sending him to a voice mail and then today they finally talked to him and said it would be shipped out today. Then they still had the balls to ask if he wanted it shipped out overnight. My brother just told them what for, it won't get here until Saturday evening and no one delivers in the evening. Talk about awful service. I would really rethink about going with Dynavox, I wish we could go back in time and choose something else because these people don't seem to realize that a month is way too long for someone who's only means of communication is a computer :(

Wow, what a horror story. Your poor mother (but she's very blessed to have children who are fighting to help her!) is suffering from an industry that is often uncaring. As awful as it sounds, it seems that only by having a "danger" card to play can we get these companies to do what they should be doing. In saying your mother could die from not having the ability to communicate, in other words, may be the only thing that gives them a jolt.

Dynavox needs some good competition if they don't already have it.

It seems llike Laura? just had problems with Dynavox and a Dynavox rep actually posted a note on this forum. This person may be willing to help. Can anyone remember the thread?

The ALS community is a money maker (unfortunately) for Dynavox. This is negative publicity (and rightly so) that needs addressed. This family deserves to have this made right.

Yes I also have problems with Dynavox! Recently purchased a "phone it" so that I could make and receive phone calls. Installed it and could answer incoming phone calls but would not allow out going calls. Emailed the rep no response! My son called Dynavox vox support line and they said a "phone it" was meant for a analog phone line not digital. They suggested changing phone service or upgrading to another one of their products costing $1,300. I was beyond anger at this point, read thru the "phone it" cd and found that files needed to transfered from the cd to the dynavox. Needless to say we fixed it ourselves. Customer service is usless at Dynovox.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping that it comes in within a couple of days, if not they will be hearing from us again. I just hope that no one else has to go through the same thing because it's just not right.

JM-

I know people at Dynavox. If you'd like me to intervene on your behalf, let me know.

Stu 949-233-3045

Dear jmchilindrina,

I am the Communications Manager at DynaVox Mayer-Johnson. I'd like to learn more about your situation. Please private message me.

Kindest Regards,

Joanne Kaufmann

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, that was me. Hope you got it all taken care of. Haven't been on much lately...all is well just very busy. We got our situation taken care of. i wrote a letter to the CEO. I hope you don't have to do this but keep me posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back