Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
went to va for lab work they called to tell us to go to the emergency room as his potassium level is low onn our way now any ideas is this als related

Let us know how he is Lori, will be thinking of you all!

My husband has had low potassium. Be prepared. The infused potassium is VERY, VERY uncomfortable to receive. It burns horribly. Get them to administer it slowly. See if they can cut it with a saline drip. FYI - a glass of orange juice in the morning will help him maintain a good level once it has been corrected (assuming all is well). Good luck.

Same here Missy. We had a three week stay in the hospital that ended just last week, and Mom's potassium was very low. The saline drip combination seemed a lot easier and was the route we chose also.

thats what they r doing now hopefully we can leave whenn it is done in two hours it only burns a little bit

I take liquid potassium twice a day due to low levels. Tastes crappy but not that bad.

AL.

PS. I take it due to diuretics flushing pot. from system.

I take liquid potassium twice a day due to low levels. Tastes crappy but not that bad.

AL.

PS. I take it due to diuretics flushing pot. from system.

Al I didn't know you were into pot <g>, but then again you probably were at Woodstock eh?
Laurel

We are home, all is well.

Pot. short for Potassium and while I was just old enough for Woodstock sadly I did not go. I did have the LP"S from it. That's records for you young people, defore blue ray,cd's, cassettes and 8 track. Should have hung on to them. Oh well.

AL.

Al, how does crap not taste bad? From pot to crap... smile. I wanted to go to Woodstock. How old did we need to be?

I'm very glad Les made out well with his drip. And that's serious.

glad to hear things are ok now. its nice that it was caught in time.

Glad that Les is home! I hope he is feeling better!

I am glad things went well.

Just now seeing your thread, Lori! Glad all is well!

Glad to hear everything went ok .Banana's are a good source of potassium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back