Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Wa
City
Lynnwood
Hi I have posted one or two other times on this forum and my husband was diagnosed with ALS a year and a half ago almost 2 years, he has thoracic onset ALS which has a stong impact on his breathing, he still walks around and has not really had any falls but has been on a bipap machine for a while and is becoming more and more dependant on the machine. He is getting weaker and weaker all over his body and has a hard time doing certain things. His Dr. did an ABG (arterial blood gas) to check his numbers and his PC02 was elevated which I believe is normal in patients with ALS. Please if anyone has any information let me know, that would be great.

My husband was hit hard with breathing problems early on and is pretty much 24/7 dependent on bipap and his weakness has increased greatly. If there is a silver lining though it is that his speech and swallowing is really good and he can still enjoy favourite foods and drinks. Just means though he has to take bites between having the mask on and off.

What information are you after? If I can be of any help I would be happy to assist

Thanks

Chris

Elevated CO2 levels are found in patients but the Bipap usually brings them down. With the tiredness or weakness it's possible his Bipap settings need upping.

AL.

Very informative. Thanks for posting it.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back