Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
Va
City
Woodbridge
Had another MRI done Friday and the neurosurgeon said I definitely have spinal cord damage, but he is skeptical about my ALS diagnosis,he said I have to many sensory issues and just because my reflexs are brisk doesn't mean I have ALS because cord damage can cause the same thing, my main concern is I don't know how much he really knows about ALS, I guess I should be some what pleased but now I'm confused.I ask if the damage would produce a negative EMG and he said yes and also muscle loss plus he said a few other things didn't add up. I have everything I need to see the doctors at John Hopkins which I think I'm gonna do.He said I might want to have another discussion with my neurologist, but I don't think that will resolve anything.I just want closure, one way or the other.

Hi Allan,
I think at this point going to Johns Hopkins is a really good idea. lf something can be done to help you, it's time to move on it. I so hope you haven't got any MND at all. Don't be shocked if when you go, they want to do their own testing. It's standard procedure there.
Hoping for the best!
Ann

I would find that to be very good news! Good Luck!

What I didn't understand is why Dr. Vota said your neck was diseased and this Dr said your other discs were bulging but nothing to worry about. Did Vota even look at any of your MRIs or did he pass the buck and we got lucky it was to a doctor who took a look at your MRIs.

I think Johns Hopkins is more important than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back