Diagnosis
07/2010
Country
UK
State
merseyside, England
City
St helens
Just curious as to whether the twitches ever stop or ease at all? I have them in both arms and are quite rigorous at times, you can see my clothes rippling! It irritates the life outa me.

Chris.

Chris, I was told that they do stop, once the muscle is 'dead', the connection lost :(

Stress and exertion tend to increase fasciculations. Dani

Chris
My wife is going on three years since her diagnosed and she still twitches. They are not as strong in her arms any more since the muscles are almost gone there but she still has them in her legs.

twitching was my 1st symptom in 3/09 and they have never stopped. Sadly, people are right-they do ease as the muscles waste away.

Just curious as to whether the twitches ever stop or ease at all? I have them in both arms and are quite rigorous at times, you can see my clothes rippling! It irritates the life outa me.

Chris.

Don't let them bother you! Enjoy them because when they stop you will be a quadriplegic - meaning you stop too because the muscle is gone.

I know they are aggravating but I would love to have them back and still have movement. Not what you wanted to hear I am sure. Sorry, but that is reality.

Don't let them bother you! Enjoy them because when they stop you will be a quadriplegic - meaning you stop too because the muscle is gone.

I know they are aggravating but I would love to have them back and still have movement. Not what you wanted to hear I am sure. Sorry, but that is reality.

I thought this may be the answer but i just had to ask. I will enjoy having them from now on :)

We have an unusual take on so many things, don't we! Fasics are so friendly. But, Dani is also right in my experience--stress and overtiring make them worse. Add that to Joel's comment, and you get--try to avoid stress and becoming over tired. Pace yourself, Chris, whenever possible. Your muscle may both jump less and also stick around longer.

Hi Chris, I have twitching everyday somewhere in my body. some days is worse then others. Like Joel said as crazy as it feels we still have muscles. Take care and do pace yourself.

my PALS was diagnosed 8 years ago. He has been a quad for over 5 years. He still has the twitches and all that.
Its actually a good thing, that there is still some connection there.
like previously stated, once they stop, the muscle is completely dead and you dont want that.

Thanks everyone for your answers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back