Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
XX
City
where it's green
Yesterday, we completed a successful trip to move my brother from Chicago to my state! (YAY!)

Things went well, except for when the transport van arrived at the nursing home and
it didn't have an extended top on it - he would have had to ride with his head bent over!
But, they sent another vehicle and off we went to the airport.

The flight was uneventful and fairly quick. He was fine, even if he was a bit nervous at first (he may have changed his mind about flying?) We used a texas catheter and had no problems. The airport people were great - someone was with us from the curb. As far as getting him on the plane, they called a special team that works at the airport and they wound up using a sling
where 4 people lifted, to get him into the aisle wheelchair and then the seat. The only real
problem was his rear end was really sore after sitting on it for so long. Other than that,
things went really well. Praise the Lord.

12105-albums393-picture2661.jpg

That is a wonderful and uprising story! I am so happy for you and your brother! It is great to hear happy stories!

I'm trying to post a picture or edit original post but will have to work on that part!

That is great news, I am glad things went well.

Dana

What wonderful news. I am delighted for both of you, and know your brother must be so relieved to be where you are, and to have been rescued from the first nursing home. I now hope that the settling in process will go smoothly. Bless you!
Ann

EXCELLENT NEWS! I am very glad it went well. As you said - Praise the Lord!

Attachments

• Bob AIrport Chicago 002.jpg
    Bob AIrport Chicago 002.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 363
  • Bob AIrport Chicago 004.jpg
    Bob AIrport Chicago 004.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 391
yea! so glad 4 both of u.

Thank God for a safe trip for you & Bob,God Bless & keep us informed how he is doing.
Sharon

I am so happy to hear the trip went well,best wishes to you and Bob. He is blessed to have you as his brother.
Pat

Excellent news!

Thank you so much for the warm responses.....now, to get him internet and then he can
be posting (if he wants to)

Excellent news. You did a great job!

Great news. Glad things worked out.

AL.

This is great news! So glad everything went relatively smoothly. Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back