Diagnosis
1/2009
Country
US
State
NC
City
Asheville
We live in a sparsely populated area (small town). There are at least 4 people currently living with ALS within a 30 mile area. Two of the people are fairly young for ALS. One in his 20's and one in his mid 30's. All of the PAL's have sporatic ALS. It just seems strange. If we lived in a city or a largely populated area this might not strike me as odd. Anybody have any feedback?

I know exactly what you are talking about. We live in a fairly big city. 10 people our age - that I know - have ALS. That's just too many people for me to have grown up around being diagnosed with sporatic ALS. Statistically, it doesn't work.

Possibly the new registry will pick up on these areas and find something in common.

AL.

6 Pals in a 30 mile radius of me all small town area's.

I hope so Al. It just seems strange that this is just now happening.

Just heard from a friend that lived in our neighborhood when we were growing up (he still lives there), we played ball together and are 10 months apart in age. He also has been diagnosed with ALS, waiting learn more on his situation, has to be pretty rare coincidence though

Seranade..that is weird..we lived in Cranberry Township for 6 years....right down the road from Zeli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back