Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
It's that time of year again, and time for flu shots. Just a reminder that the nasal types are not recommended for PALS, or anyone in the immediate family. Also, has anyone gotten or been recommended to get a Shingles vaccine? I had shingles a few yrs back and my Dad recently came down with it. Very painful! I think my PALS should get one, as if he got shingles, it would be really bad. Any thoughts?

Just got the combo seasonal flu and H1N1 shot on Friday morning. The only adverse effect I felt was the extreme discomfort of having to get up at 8 am so Beth could take me before she had to go out for the day. :grin::grin:

No idea on the shingles vaccination though, sorry.

My husband got the flu shot. No one recommended the shingles vaccine, though. I'll check when we go in on Wednesday.

Heading for my flu shot tomorrow ahead of my pals appointment on Thursday. I wasn't aware of a shot for shingles though my pals has already had shingles. Very painful.

Are Pneumovax recommended for Pals for pneumonia?

The ALS nurse told me that they did reccommend the Pneumonia vaccine and I got it as well as the combo FLU shot. Why is the FLU mist not recommended for family members of PALS?

Last edited:
The flu mist is not recommended, as it contains a live virus, which could be transmitted.

Ray always get a flu shot and a pneumonia shot. unfortunately, he still gets pneumonia though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back