Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
these are hell. I hear Jay has them as well. Are they part of the malady or a result ofsome medicaiton. ANyone else getting them. It is sheer Hell. Can we build a picture?

My husband has them occassionally. I wonder if something like ativan can be used to ease them? Would this hinder breathing?

I just went through panic attacks, high anxiety, hot burn feeling in my skin. I now have xanax 0.5 mg. I cut it into 4. I take 1/4 tablet every 4 hours and Ambien CR 6.5 mg at bed. I have never had anything in my life that made me feel so horrible, I also got a bipap that i use 2-4 hours a day to rid my system of to much co2. I feel better in last 2 weeks than the last 2 months.

Iris, I see below several other threads on panic attacks. Have you looked at them yet? I will, now.

I would suggest looking at the thread below called, "Panic Attacks at Night".

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. I went through a period in my late 20s where I suffered from panic attacks, and it was terrifying. I learned to 'rationalize' them, and once I knew them for what they were, and learned to manage them (breathing) they became less frequent and eventually disappeared.

One word of warning for MND folk would be not to confuse panic attacks with breathing difficulty/respiratory issues (although two can be connected, e.g. inabilty to breathe correctly can trigger a panic attack, and the other way round).

Dani

My father gets panic attacks on occasion...they see to be when his breathing is stressed. This has happened when he has had a hard time having a bowel movement or when his mucus is really bad and he feels like he is choking. They are hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back