Loved one DX
Country
US
State
NY
City
Albany
Hello again-
My husband and I would like to give his father something special for Christmas but are completely at a loss.

We want to give him something that will bring him joy.

Any suggestions?

I bought my wife a whole series of DVD's that she was interested in. Gave her a couple of months of entertainment. Now, I think I would spring for a Netflix subscription of some sort if he's a movie buff. Maybe a premium sports channel if that's more his style.

Dick

You can buy a device called Roku that hooks up his TV, if he has wireless internet. He could then access Netflix, Amazon Movies, Tech programs, old movies and even university courses. A lot of this is free or for a nominal annual fee (like $3). Netflix is $8.99 per month and it's awesome! You just download the movie or TV series.

This has been one of the best things we have purchased for my husband. He loves documentaries about history and he has found an abundance on Netflix and some of the free channels.

I second the suggestions on films. Recently my mum & I bought the box set of all the Bond movies. So now Saturday night is our very own movie night at home. She's loving it.

If he's not interested in film what about a set of audiobooks for his ipad or if he's into card games, a card game app.

Or maybe put together a dvd of photos of his kids and grandkids? I know both my mom and mother in law LOVED those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back