Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I had the lumbar puncture done today and the Dr. that performed the procedure had a technique as smooth as silk!

So far, no headache but I'm being a good boy and laying low for the day/evening.

The vials have to be shipped out to a laboratory somewhere (Hope it's not P.Z. Laboratories Inc.) I should know the results in a matter of weeks or perhaps at a follow-up visit next month.

Cheers! I'm off to continue "laying low" (very horizontal).

Yay, Kim! It sure is good to hear from you and that all went well. So glad you're laying low--------!

Hey Kim,
Bucky was fine after his LP, but then got hit with the awful headaches they refer to the next day. It probably didn't help that we had to get on a plane less than 24 hours later to head home, but...they finally went away after a few days. He had to literally lay flat and drink a ridiculous volume of water and triple shots of espresso coffee (the caffeine does something to help)

Stay rested, and lay down as much as possible and keep yourself SUPER hydrated!
Peace,

Yep the caffeine is big.. I had a big issue, and had to have a blood patch about 10 days into things. Should have taken care of it sooner, kept waiting on relief, I am a tough girl, that headache was probably one of the worst things ever. I think the skill of the performer has a lot to do with things, my Neuro was a intern, and even admitted to not being very skilled.. UGGHH.. I could tell I was going to have a problem while she was performing the procedure.. Hope you feel better quickly, lay flat, and drink that caffeine my friend.

Glad it went smoothly and that you are feeling relatively well! Enjoy laying low!

Hi Kim,
Glad things went well for you.
When i had my LP, Oct 08 i had to lie flat for 2 or 3 hours.
When i was in hospital last month, another person had one and they had changed the rules and only had to lie flat for 30min.
He stayed flat for about 1 hour though as the headache are a doozy.

cheers
Peter

Take it easy and let us know what the heck the results are!

Congrats Kim, glad it went so well. Take care and laying low is my favourite position!

Glad to hear that things went well, please let us know the results when you get them. Meanwhile keep taking it easy(that means no hanging around pianos!)

The doc that did mine did injustice to brick walls everywhere when he compared my back muscles to one. It took a number of insertion attempts. Go go gadget spasticity! It would have better if I'd had anti-spaz drugs back then, but I didn't know any better.

I'm glad yours went better! Obey instructions, and hopefully there won't be any aftereffects, and you will be properly pampered.

hi kim,so happy that everything went well and your resting plenty.
take things eaassyy.

Hi Kim, hope that you have no headache today and all is well.

Kim, I'm on Colleen's wave length. The "head" hit me on the second day when I expected to be over it, so you're in my prayers today. I hope you're doing great.
XO,
Ann

Thank you all for the splendid well-wishes. I have been following everyone's advice and tips on headache evasion. These are some of the precautions I've taken:

1. I've maintained a prone position as much as possible.

2. I've been drinking regular coffee as well as espresso. Been drinking water, too.

3. I've taken Ibuprofen.

4. Found some pink colored pain killer pills in the medicine cabinet (something akin to vicodin) that knocked me out and sent me to Happy Land!

5. Enjoyed a glass or 2 of some pleasant red wine (one of the efforts towards keeping hydrated, mind you).

I removed the bandage from yesterday. Pretty gross - I'll spare you the details.

Anyway, all is well! Results expected in 2-3 weeks or so.

Toodles! Happy Land was refreshing!

P.S.
I made the comment that the doctor performing the procedure was silky smooth in her technique but I've got to also say, I've had all of that kind of silky smoothness a guy can handle for quite a while.

The area in my back where the needles were stuck is still sore but P.Z. laboratories, Inc is hard at work on it's newest creation, "P.Z.'s New (and improved!) Anti-Soreness Rubbing Compound". I hear it will be backed with their famous "almost guarantee" that if it doesn't work, I might get my money back!

Last edited:
I'm so glad, Kim. Golly, I did want the details on the bandage, however.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back