Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
After so much crying like a leaky faucet, Made an appointment with the Dr to try to get me something for my nerves and hopefully I can deal better. Dr Glass from emory has still not given us an appointment for 2nd opinion. Will follow up with that tomorrow and try to push it along. My son and his family are moving in with us to try and help us on bills...so we won't lose our house. Not looking forward to this, but we do what we have too. I love those grandbabies, but not used to being with a 2 and 6 year old all the time, plus trying to combine two families. It's amazing how life can change so much in just a few months...

Just called with appointment, October 26th, but have us on cancelation too.

The time will fly by! Stay positive and stay in touch!

I will...thanks for being my friend!

Joni51 - hang in there. The unknown is always more upsetting than the known! We have all been where you are and understand your tears, at times, rage, and all the basketful of emotions you and your husband are experiencing now.

A suggestion to help you cope until the doctor appointment next month... this is one my mother-in-law passed on to me a very long time ago. And, when my husband was ill and I was scared, depressed and a real basket case, I resurrected her idea and found it still worked.

First - go out and buy a box of cheap cakemix... flavor doesn't really matter.

Next buy a good sturdy old fashioned potato masher - you know, the metal bottom that looks like a strainer with a strong handle.

Bake the cake in two round cake pans.

Cool and remove from pans directly into your kitchen sink - garbage disposal side if you have one. If not, dump into a plastic dishpan.

Then, take the potato masher and beat the crap out of the cake, and let your tears fall into the sink/dishpan.

Keep beating and crying until there are no more tears and your kids ask you what the heck you are doing to that good cake!

Throw out the cake, wash the potato masher and put it away until the next bout of depression floods over you!

I can tell you that I found myself weak and asking God to help me thru the dark tunnel I was in - I believe it was HIS arms that lifted me up but I also know the cake and potato masher were cheaper than a trip to the psychiatrist couch. :)

Hugs and keep posting - we are here to listen.

Diane

I have a Dammit doll that another forum member sent to me! You can make one out of socks, then throw it to your hearts content. Be sure to sew the buttons (eyes) on very well!

Oct 26th will be here before you know it! Make sure you go on living your life. I know that sounds difficult, but dwelling on the negatives will not help anything and worrying wil not change it. Focus on the positives like your Kids and grandchildren. We all have a lot to be thankful for in our lives. My prayers go out to you . Stay strong and keep the faith!

brooksea.. I have a poem that came with my dammit doll. It goes like this:

When you think you want to climb the walls or stand right up and shout,
Here's a little "dammit doll" you cannot do without.
Just grasp it firmly by the legs and find a place to slam it.
Then as you whack the stuffing out, say "Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!"

It works!

Diane that made me laugh, they probably would think I was crazy then...May have to to do that and the Damnit doll! Whoops have to watch my mouth with them little ones.Ted I wish that I had your positive attitude, I am goint to try! I am just scared and everything is so out of our control. You know we have just been married 6 years, I finally thought something good happened, but I am still praying they find anything else.Thank you for the prayers Ted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back