Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
XX
City
where it's green
I'm in a different state from my brother, who has ALS. I'm trying to do all the checking with
medicaid, SS, etc, and in a few cases, he has been able to tell them it's okay to talk with me,
OR, I have faxed a form the the nursing home, he has signed, and they have faxed it on.

I'm finding this cumbersome, as there are more places I need to call and documents I need to
get. I think I need a power of attorney for his legal affairs. I know to get a duplicate birth
certificate, they want a certified poa from me.

I've asked the nursing home, and the social service persons is floundering around trying to
find out about forms.

Is there a certain type I need right now? Any ideas where to get a "good" one?
Thanks

Well, I just lost my detailed msg I was typing to you! LOL Use Quicken Willmaker. It's very easy and goes step by step, explaining every iota and also has state specific requirements. Basically your brother will have to initial each POA given on the form and then have it notarized and signed by two non-relatives.

Thanks, I will try it!

Oops - it looks like it's a software package I have to buy. Not willing to do that.

You can get it from Amazon for as cheap as 10 bucks! I think we paid $19.99 at Sam's Club. Cheaper than going to an attorney.

Good point - I'll check it out (Amazon) The first places I looked it looked alot more expensive, and with some
other package.....off to Amazon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back