Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
Wa.
City
Puyallup
Hello dear forum family. Sorry I have not been on here so much lately, as many of you know I am not only dealing with my dads ALS issues but now daughters health issues as well. I have a very full plate, and by the time I get a chance to get on here I am so exhausted I am literally out like a light. My daughter is stable at the moment. Still internally bleeding somewhere, but her blood levels are holding stable, although she is still very anemic. Leaving her to go to Seattle to the VA to be with mom while dad gets his PEG tomorrow. I am faced with the worry of leaving her and being so far away, but under these circumstances, hopefully nothing emergent will come up with her so we can all focus on dad. I know from being on here so much and talking to you, all my dear friends, that this could really go either way. For most, it seems to be a piece of cake. Others, like Jay, our beloved Linda, and Web took a turn for the worse after the PEG placement. I am terrified this will happen to my dad. Hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst. My mom and I will be staying the night in a hotel in Seattle and then work in tandem to care for dad when he gets home. Both of us are a mess. A lot of you already know, but I would like to take the time to introduce my mom to the forum. Her name is Ius2bSJ and her actual name is Sharon. I am really grateful that she has finally started to reach out to this wonderful family here, and I know that you will all make her feel the warmth of the tight family bond we all share here.
To all my dearest friends here, I PROMISE I have not forgotten about you, I carry you with me in my heart. Please send us all your positive energy and prayers, we really really need them right now!
Love to you all, and you know who you are!
Kari

Kari,

You are stretched just too thin right now.

I'll definitely be thinking of your family today. Just know that sooner or later, things are going to have to settle down at least a bit.

Tell your mom we're looking forward to meeting her more on the forum. :)

(((((hugs)))))

Kari,

Sending big hugs and prayers your way!
Judy

Kari,

I will keep your family in my prayers. So sorry your load is so full, but take heart it will slow down. There are those times in life when we don't know how we are surviving lifes storms and we aren't. God is. Bless you all.

Sending my prayers an positive thoughts to your family.

Dana

Kari.. you're doin' great. Hang in there and remember to breathe!

Good luck to your dad. Hang in there! Please let us know how things go.

Kari, HUGS to all of you. Call me at anytime if you need to. One of the phones will work! Love you, and give an extra big hug to your Mom.

Thinking of you and praying that all goes smoothly for your dad and that your daughter is doing better. You have been a real trooper the past few months and deserve things to begin to improve for your family before you are sapped of strength. We need you and have missed you around the forum.

Hugs and prayers,

Diane

Kari, prayers for your Dad tomorrow and the following days, as well as prayers for your daughter's health. I'm glad to have seen your mother here, and hope you and she can get some sleep. Take care of yourself, please, Kari.
Hugs,
Ann

Hi Kari,
Prayers for your whole family,Please take care of yourself.We all love you & God Bless.
Sharon

Hi Kari and Sharon! Give us some good news! HUGS to Chuck Too!

Waiting to hear how everyone is!

Hi dear sweet friends! Well, dad did fantastic! He had hardly any sedation and very little pain meds after. We were all in such a panic because before we left for the VA, my dad couldnt even urinate and his bowels were not working either. He was in incredible pain. It was a long drive it seemed to Seattle. Once they got the catheter in he felt much much better. We are all surprised at how dang small this PEG is! No clamp at all, just a secure red cap at the end, and its only about 4" at the most, long! And, the tube itself is really thin. He asked the doctor if he could have his Bombay Sapphire Martini (His favorite) when he got home, and the doc said to wait another 24 hours. So, what does he do when he got home? He had an imported beer instead! (URG) But he did fine. He was a bit tired yesterday, but today he is doing really really well. Been happily watching his football, and has not had to take any breaks to use his bi-pap. We are all just so happy, and grateful that this has gone well! I never expected for me to be able to go home so soon either. I can say I am very very tired. Finally slept through the night last night, (first time in weeks) and woke up around 8am at 9am went back to sleep until 2pm and let me tell ya, I am fighting to stay awake even now. Been using Nuvigil to keep me going, along with a lot of my own pain meds. Tomorrow starts with the dreaded blood draw at the hospital for Michelle. Just to check her blood levels, but it is usually such a nightmare to find a vein on her, so my fingers are crossed. Then on to get an appt. with Digestive Health for the capsule endoscopy since she finally has DSHS coverage.
Thank you all so much for your love, support and strength. My mom and I were able to check in on here using my sisters cell phone while we were waiting in the hospital for my dad. It was so comforting!
Love to you all!
Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back