Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Tomorrow we have the dreaded emg done. I am so nervous for my husband and myself. He does not know what could be going on. He does not research the internet like i do, and at his last Dr visit, the Dr said for us to wait until the emg and the cervical mri before we told him anything. Stupidly I agreed, mainly because I could not bare to bring it up, he has went through so much. He lost his job last thursday and he is so depressed.Today like it could not get worse, his mom was put in the hospital...she is not doing well, so that is where he is now. I just keep on praying because I don't know if he could deal with this bad blow. I truly believe he would just give up. I will let you know, so say a prayer...

Prayer said. God bless. Remember, life can often be hard but God is always good.

I'm praying the EMG points away from ALS and that your husband receives some solace.

Thank You Kim and Jim. This web has some very good people in it.

I also am praying for you all... the EMG not showing ALS, your mother-in-law, your husband's burdens, and your own. And I think you did the right thing in not telling him your fears. If his trouble isn't ALS, and your fears are not the case, you've saved your husband the worry. Hugs.
Ann

Sure sounds like you could use a hug along with my prayers. So, I'm sending both your way!

God bless and stay strong,

I hope I did the right thing Ann, I just hate that he could be blindsided. I just love him so much, and don't want to lose him. After I lost my mom to auzhimers, and my first husband to melanoma cancer, I don't know that I could deal with more loss. Just feeling so at loss right now, but thanks for caring.

Ye maam, I sure could use a hug and thanks so much for the prayers Diane!

I will pray for a good report, job and mothers health. keep the faith!

Rox

Hi Joni, I truly understand what you feel. Believe me that you're not alone in the world facing this. I live with the fear everyday after my mom diagnosised with ALS. Some days I can accepted but some days I just would like to wake up from this nightmare. T_T.

Thanks Rox, we hope so too!

Wouldn't it be nice just to have a normal day...

joni51, I want you to know I'm praying for you. Today is the EMG for your husband...I sure do hope it shows no ALS.
Ann

Thanks Ann, we had the emg, and the dr sais that he had denervation only in his right arm, so he want sus to see the dr at emory in atlanta for a second opinion.

Joni, I'm going to reverse what I said the other day (yesterday) and suggest you tell him if the doctor hasn't already done so. The fact that he's getting a second opinion means, to my thinking, there's a greater chance he does have some form of MND (Motor Neuron Disease, ALS being one form).

People react so differently to bad news. Some break down under too many hard things at one time. My weird way is to do better if there is more than one hard thing happening. Sort of like not feeling one pain when a different one hits. You know your husband, and what to say better than anyone else... so feel free to ignore my opinion. I hope with all my heart he does NOT have MND developing.

Blessings to you and prayers,
Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back