Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
TH
State
TH
City
Bkk
My mom already diagnosis with ALS last week however in the EMG it concluded that 'the study is suggestive possible MND'. However the doctor still ask for the blood work test. do you know why they need the blood work while the EMG already firmed that ? Thanks

There are too many blood tests to speculate, but I will anyway.If they have no bloodwork on file at all, they may need a general baseline profile like a SMAC and a CBC.
Try and get them to be more specific and explain their reasons,so you don't waste money.But a picture of general health as shown by bloodwork is always a good idea.
Hope this helps.

They can get an idea of how much muscle is wasting with one of the tests.

AL.

Also to count out anything else that might mimic ALS. ALS diagnosed consist of a lot of elimination of other things. Also they might be checking out the liver before prescribing prescriptions. I lost count on how many blood test they ran on me...

Also, at this point, you stated that the EMG concluded with, "POSSIBLE" MND.

This leads me to believe that the EMG findings were not strong enough for "probable" MND.

I believe the neurologist may still have some things he'd like to rule out and that may be what required additional blood work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back