Loved one DX
Country
UK
State
Derbyshire
City
Derby
Hi!

We have been advised that a soft/smooth food diet would be better for my father in law.
Since his spell in hospital and seeing the not so great food he was given at meal times, I was inspired to create meals for him that were not only nutritious but also great tasting! After being advised not too give him too much food to chew, and as a keen cook, and knowing how my father in law likes his food - I felt for him. my father in law Joe is Jamaican and loves his spicy food too - so have begun working on menus to make his meal times enjoyable by trying to maintain his enjoyment in new recipes and great tasting food, but keeping the food soft/smooth for ease for him as well as ensuring I include essential vitamins. I have recently started a little business making relish & sauces from home grown produce, which I now include in Joe's meals, as it's easier to blend or mash with something like a sauce or a paste without the food becoming dry and bland. However, I was wondering if I published recipes, would people be interested?
I am cautious not to offend anyone, as being advised to go to a soft/smooth diet was not offensive to Joe, but seeing his reaction to the hospital food - it may not be something people would look forward to or react well to!
I am new to the forum, and I am looking for feedback really because I am sure there are plenty of people who have gone through this before Joe, my husbands family and myself.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks in advance,
Sue
x

If your asking if people would enjoy your recipes, my response is go for it! I see no reason why anyone would mind.

I believe there is a thread started for recipes to share. Go to the search button and see what you can find - I'm sure many of us would appreciate a tasty soft diet. :)

I have a cookbook called "When you can't chew" and used it when my husband had swallowing issues before the feeding tube. It was a godsend.

Good luck.

We would love to see your recipes. Please post them to the thread mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back