Loved one DX
Country
UK
State
Derbyshire
City
Derby
Hi,

I am new to the forum, I have joined as my father in law was diagnosed with MND in Dec 2008, and up until a few months ago he was still quite mobile, but his health/strength has deteriorated in the last few months and has recently been in hosptial to treat pneumonia.

I cook him highly nutritious meals/soups and make fresh juice to help get as much nutrition as possible as he can't eat much now - and it has to be blended as chewing tires him out and has had a few problems swallowing.

But I was wondering if anyone knew if milk thistle and Co Enzyme Q10 supplements would help him at all?

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Sue

i have no answer for you Sue, i am sorry. But i would like to say that its very sweet of you make sure your FIL is getting nutritious meals and making sure he gets what he needs. Keep up the great work! Hopefully someone else on here will know a thing or two about what youre wondering.
take care.

My husband takes 100 mg of COQ10 3X daily, L-Carnitine with Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin B Complex, Performance Multi Vitamin, Vitamin E, Flax Seed Oil, Baclofen, and Rilutek

Shouldn't do any harm in moderation. Look in the blog section under Mike27 and see what he takes.

AL.

Thank you so much, I will take your advice ;o)
It's hard to know if you're doing right or wrong! This site has been of great help, and everyone's posts and advice are appreciated.
xxxxx

I take supplements reccomended by the Dietician at the ALS Clinic: CoQ10, Slenium, grapeseed extract, and a supplement that helps the body produce glutatione, known to help get rid of free radicals. The difficult part is breaking down these supplements in the body so that they do what they are suppose to do. So eattting things that have these in them naturally is a great idea. I found out that Brazil nuts, 2 a day has tons of selinium. Any body know what else we can eat that has CoQ10, ect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back