Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
i have small amounts of atrophy in a few places but it does not seem to progress very much and with a pls diagnosed does not bother me.
approx 18mths ago i noticed my left hand seemed weaker and was crampy,looked and realised my palm was sinking and twitching but very little progression since.

anyway, my thumb started aching especially at the base of it,looked and theres a small hole of atrophy .
i thought i'd give it a stretch to see if it helped,wriggling it and stretching it away from the hand.
i stretched it out but it kept automatically and slowly moving back towards the hand.
tried it on my right thumb and that can stay there stretched.

coinsidence?
anyone with hand problems found this?

as my thread title says,i found it intriguing.

Caroline, can you straighten you thumb at the joint? With L, when hand atrophy started his thumbs had this tendency to 'curl' at the joint, pointing down and towards the forefinger (clawing). Dani

hi danijela.
i can but it feels tight around the base of the thumb,i suppose it feels like the thumb tendons have shortened so it can't stretch as well...........if that makes any sense lol.
oh well, another one of those "mystery" quirks to add to the rest.
thankyou for your reply. caroline

Hi
I have atrophy of both hands inbetween the thumb and fore finger I have a big hollow (I ssume atrophy ) however if I stretch my thumbs out they stay there, but some times mostly my right hand thumb curls into the palm (painfull) usually if I am gripping something like a knife)but occasionally on its own I am howevere starting to have less use of my thumbs
Take care
Scouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back