Status
Not open for further replies.

lynn

i lost my mother on friday march 19 at 8:50am. the bulbar als took her life. she passed away in her sleep with myself, my father and my brother by her side. it was so hard to watch her try to breath during her last few days with us. i keep telling myself that she is no longer suffering and will watch over my family and me. i am so greatful for the time i did have with my mom, she truely was and is still my very best friend. during this illness i kept trying to prepare myself for this devastating day, but there really is no way to totally prepare yourself for it. i watched her get worse everyday for the past month, i was her caregiver along with my dad, some days were so hard and tiring but well worth it. i will miss taking care of my mother, it was part of my daily routine. i want to thank all of you at this web site, there is alot of support out there.
lynn

Dear Lynn,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom. ALS is such a devastating disease that affects the whole family. It's nice that you were with her when she died. It seems only right as you looked after her in life.

My mom had the Bulbar type of ALS too, she died November 8/03. I was her caregiver. Looking after my mom was what I did, all I did, I'm lost now. But like you I'm relieved that she is no longer suffering.

You did wonderful things for your mom and I'm so very sure she is proud of you.

Stay strong,

Sonia,
Burnaby, BC

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I just wanted to send you my thoughts and prayers and let you know I understand what you are going through. I lost my Mum on Jan. 6 of this year to limb onset ALS, and I too was a caregiver. She died at home surrounded by family. Looking after my Mum consumed my familys life, but we wouldn't have had it any other way. I am now at a loss as to where to direct all my energy. I am just taking each day at a time and counting my blessings. I find this site helpful as you know there are people going through the same things as you are. This is my first post but I just wanted to send you my sincerest sympathies.

Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back