Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
LA
City
West Monroe
I've made it to Jacksonville and my appt with a Mayo neuro is at 10 tomorrow (EST time). I hope that he goes ahead and does another thorough EMG. Do any of you know how long it takes to get results at Mayo? Is it possible he would say something in the room, right after the test or am I just wishful thinking? I also know that a lumbar puncture will have to be done sometime during this visit. I have a lot of symptoms of MS with no lesions on brain or spine. My symptoms started almost 3 yrs ago so lesions would show up. This did give me peace until I found out that Primary Progressive MS usually shows no lesions. There is no treatment (Disease Modifying Drugs) for that one. Another little tidbit my general neuro never talked about. At this point, I am scared to death. I'm sure I will be a wreck in the AM, but I want so badly to be steeled and not cry. I DO NOT want another doctor writing me off as some emotional woman! At this time, I would greatly appreciate any prayers. There have been so many wonderful people reach out to me from this forum so I will update daily.
Love to all,
Amye

Symptoms: "numbness"/feeling of weakness down right side, fasciculations, head tremor, and involuntary head movements

Good luck tomorrow Amye. Try to think positive thoughts. Most of your symptoms don't sound like ALS so whatever it is could be treatable. Hang in there.

AL.

Hang onto your faith, Amy. Prayers surround you and will hold you up.
Peace.

I'm praying for you... please try and be calm. Al knows a lot, and I agree it doesn't sound to me like ALS, either. Remember they can't tell everything based on the EMG. Not knowing what they'll find, we can't tell you if the test will be "the answer" or not. Just remember, they're good at what they do. You're in good hands, and now the best thing for you is to be calm. Asking for prayer was a good move. Smile and a Hug,
Ann

Prayers are with you !

I am praying for you too! I think Mayo at Jax will be able to tell you something. You may not find out today...but they will meet on all your tests and make a decision. That is what they did for me. They did four days of testing and then had me back in two weeks when they made up their mind what was happening.

chef

Praying for you right now! May you have the peace that passes all understanding!
:smile: Patty

You are in my prayers.. Just think of all the friends you have here . We are waiting to hear back from you and we are with you all the way...no matter what you find out. Hugs, Linda

my prayers are with you hope everything will be fine

Last edited by a moderator:
My prayers are with you...... keep us posted

Let us know what's up! We're all here for you!

Matthew 18:19-20

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I pray you get the news that your condition is curable.

Prayers and huggs coming right up!
God bless
L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back