Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
TN
City
hixson
I am 39 years old. My symptoms are atrophy and weakness in my left shoulder. After blood work,MRI,EMG and NCS I was told I have some type of MND. I am scheduled to go back to have a another MRI and a Lumbar Puncture to try and rule out other causes. The MRI did show spinal cord atrophy. The EMG and NCS showed development in both upper arms and some signs in my lower arms. I am scheduled to go back to the neurologist the first of september. It's going to be a long 4 weeks! I'm really not even sure where to go from here.

am not qualified to advise...just to let u know u will receive excellent info soon.......good luck.....pooler

Dear Pilot, so very sorry your tests are looking this way. We will be here and hopefully give information and lots of friendship and empathy. Meanwhile, have you read the thread under this one called "New and a Little Scared...." by Raul? The getting in touch with the ALSA and IF you get the ALS designation the MDA, are things you can start now. Four weeks is endless right now, I'm sure. But I believe mostly we learn that we're still living, still have things to say, to share, people to love and who love us, and it is really far more "ok" than you'd think possible.

Last thing is the post above: Johnny is a dear and very funny... and smiling is a "must". Laughing is even better. Crying is also A-OK.
Ann

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back