Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
Va
City
Woodbridge
Just wondering if any of you had experience with either John Hopkins or Georgetown University ALS Clinics, looking to make a change.Thanks for your replys!

I don't have clinic experience but was diagnosed at Hopkins. There are several folks here who do go to their ALS Clinics and think they're very good. One of these patients is away right now, so thought I'd step in and speak. And hello and welcome, APL55. I hope you will hear from others soon.

I am on the West coast, but we recently changed from a small local clinic, to a BIG CITY clinic 200 miles away. We are so happy we did. One thing to consider is if you are interested in Research trials, pick the one with the best.

Hi APL55, welcome to the forum. I've often wondered about JH or Georgetown. We travel to UVA and as time goes on, I'm not sure if Eric will feel up to these long trips. We really like his doctor and the staff, but a closer location would be nice too.

Take care.

APL55, unless someone here comes and says differently, I don't know of anyone at the Georgetown University ALS Clinic. I know there's another besides Johns Hopkins, but can't remember its name.

I've always heard from different medical people that Hopkins is tops in Neuro.

I go to Hopkins and love them!

I was diagnosed at MCV in Richmond & went for a second opinion Georgetown and wasn't impressed with either place, tired of people not listening to what I say. Think I'll give Hopkins a call before I get much worse. Thanks for all the great replys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back