Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
RI
City
Coventry
My EMG of my legs has been moved up from Sept 2nd to Aug. 10th. The first two, a year apart, were dirty. :-(

That is good news about getting an earlier appointment. I hope it provides some positive answers. Good Luck!

Archie, we'll be thinking of you. It does seem good to have it done sooner, but I'm sure you also feel trepidation since the others were dirty. I'm wishing peace for you as you wait.
Ann

Archie, I've just read quickly through your earlier posts, and realize that you're losing strength quickly in your legs, as well as having a lot of other stuff going on. I hope that Tuesday's testing brings light and the doctors are able to diagnose you properly... with a treatable disease. I'll be praying for you, as surely this is very disturbing.
Ann

hi archie.
i hope the emg test goes well and you can get some answers.
will be thinking of you (((hugs)))
caroline

There may be more than one thing going on at the same time but so far no one has found it. They have narrowed it to a couple of possibilities; a seizure related disorder or a panic attack. Whatever landed me in the hospital twice in three days was not ALS. I had an EEG yesterday and will have an EMG next Tuesday. My fasciculations are still with me but in both thighs and calfs pretty much equally. I never did have them in my feet or hands. From what I understand that is not the usual progression of ALS. My leg strength is better than it was during those "episodes". My limbs were weak, shaking and limp. I have never experienced anything like that before. If these are symptoms of the fear of ALS I am amazed at the power of the mind. Thank you so much for your prayers. I have three other incurable and fatal diseases, I don't need another one.

Oh, Archie, I'm so sorry about the other three. Prayers going up. You have a full plate.

Archie, Best of luck with the emg.

hi archie.
hope your emg goes well tomorrow,will be thinking of you.
take care.
caroline

Thank you all once again. Those other three diseases while incurable are treatable so I don't expect them to get me anytime soon. I'm about at my life expectancy right now so more years will be just gravy. I'll still complain though.

Update: I missed my appointment. Normally I see my neuro in Cranston but my EMG test was set up in his satellite office in East Greenwich. I went to the right building but his name was not on the directory. I then proceeded to speed walk, something I had not been able to do in 5 years, to the other 3 buildings in the same complex....no Dr.Neurologist. 20 minutes later I went back to the first building to the second floor and lo and behold there it was. But my neuro had gone home thinking I had failed to show. I said to the EMG tech. "where's his name in the directory"? Oh, says she, we don't have a sign. Brilliant! So I'm to call this am for another appt.

On the bright side, I sped walked like a fiend for almost 15 minutes. And two, my fasciculations have virtually stopped and my legs feel good this morning. More to follow.:cool::cool:

Archie, bless you... I hope you can get this done soon and have the results. And, I hope they wise up and get a sign. I'm shaking my head. The speedwalking is wonderful, however. Neat that your legs feel good today! And "the twitch" is gone, smile. I hope today is good... Peaceful and relaxing for you.
Ann

thats a terrible shame archie,i feel so sorry for you.
on the bright side you got a good leg workout.
take care.caroline

Hey Archie, hope the doc doesn't charge you a missed appointment fee. That would add insult to injury.

AL.

Al, you are too funny,but I hate it when that happens.

Archie, Life expectancy in this country was 74 for men and 78 for women. Last month they upped it to 81 across the board. That's the info I have, if anyone knows something different, I would love to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back