Diagnosis
06/2010
Country
US
State
ca
City
woodland hills
We were just told that ALS is probable. We still want a second opinion and remain cautiously optimistic. We are both saddened and frightened. However, we are determined to fight our best fight. I have looked on this forum for advice on supplements etc. and can't find anything. I have read about the coenz10,vit e etc. I realize studies have gone both ways but, many fellow als patients have found them helpful. Can anyone recommend a regimen that their doctor or they have found to keep strength, muscle weakness etc.?
We have two teenage boys that will keep us strong. I hope we will maintain our positive attitudes and keep our crazy sense of humor through it all. After all, als can't take away our laughter and hope.
I feel for everyone in our position and maybe through this website we can all help each other to make it through a difficult time one day at a time.

There are no proven treatments or supplements. The best thing to do is keep a positive attitude and keep weight up. Sorry.

Linny,

There are so many intelligent and caring people with ALS on this forum. Brave folks, every one. Sorry you have to be here but if there is an answer to any question you may have, you will find it here.

ND

Our doctor at the ALS clinic suggests COQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid with L-Carnitine, Fish Oil, Vitamin E and a good multi vitamin. He put my husband on rilutek the minute he suspected ALS (3 months before the diagnosis).

Read Mike27's blog. He has a list of supplements that he feells has helped him.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back