Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
US
State
NY
City
Chateaugay
My mom wanted me to post this as she does not have a computer.

I have decided when you reach a certain point with ALS you should become a nudist. A while ago I got trapped in a pullover sports bra. I only wear it to keep from sitting on my sagging boobs and to tuck my feeding tube into. And when you can't talk swearing isn't as satisfying. When trying to put on sweatpants my toes get flopping and get caught. Getting shoes on is a real challenge. So if anyone would like to form a colony let me know. When you have a disease like this you lose all sense of modesty, so what the hell, go for it.

Janice

That is my mom, she always tells it like it is.

Dana

LOL! Love it - problem solving at its finest!

love your mum. Come and live here - there is a nudist colony in the village

I am there and practice it. LOL. I get covered with a blanket. Makes life so much easier for everyone.

Your Mom is funny (Hello, Janice!). I cover my diaper with a blanket and my tank top with a shirt. The boots are a must. A real dickens to get on me, although oddly enough, I can do it, if someone would just hold my leg at the correct angle. It's all in the technique, but irritates everyone else.

Mom's know best! Bless you and yours!

Sign me up, it takes me way too long and I use way too much energy to get dressed. I have always been a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy and now even with t-shirt and sweat pants I have to take a nap when I am done.

Love the idea and one should always listen to your mom:) However, if there are those that arent as comfortable going au natural and getting dressed in turning into a marathon, there are company's that specialize in adaptive clothing. I was just beging to look into this when my dad took a turn for the worse and ended up hospitalized before he passed. If anyone is handy with a needle , then there may be ways to adapt the clothing so that its not such a exhausting task. Energy should be conserved for more enhjoyable things than justgetting dressed

Dana,

Every time you post something from your mom, it cracks me up! Please tell her I look forward to what she has to say next. 8)

Last edited:
Lol, I love it...now that I am down 70lbs I might do it...lol. I love your mom...great idea....I am having a hard time getting dressed too and feel like I have run a 10 mile race.....when I finally have tackled it....oh this is not a journey for sissies ? We are a brave and special group of individuals ? Arnt we? Hugs, Linda

Barry, I know what you are going through. I figure as long as my arms can be placed in front of me, someone can pull the tank top on. Sleeves are way too hard to manage. Woven shirts are easier than knitted T-Shirts. In fact, knit anything is hard...even sweat pants. Get a kilt.:cool:

A kilt is a great idea:) Just wrap and go!

definitely a kilt for men and skirts for ladies. I like long dresses but they have a tendency beyond belief to trail in toilets.
I have this idea of running a thread all the way down the back from both shoulders of a dress so you pull it like a window blind and the skirt hoists itself.

I can put the FRONT of a jumper on but not the back. So I tuck the bottom of the front bit under the boobs (remember if you can hold a pencil under them they are drooping too much?) well, mine hold the jumper secure so I can go and ask anyone who is passing to pull the back down.

Trouble with au naturel is that there are so many man-made surfaces that one sticks to. BAd enough transferring from chair to chair and the skirt sticking to thighs (through sweating (HONEST!) but imagining skin being peeled off the chair is even worse. And resting ones boobs on the dining table might raise a few eyebrows at the very least.....
Love to all and especially to Dana's wonderful mom.

Last edited:
your mom is to much but I def. understand I given up bras unless I am going off. I got my hair cut very short. Tell her I am almost ready to join.

everyone on this forum thank -you so much you have made my life better.

Each and every member of this forum contributes in some way to make life better for us all.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back