Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
RI
City
Providence
My mom was diagnosed with ALS a little under a year ago. The symptoms started right after she had surgery to remove cancer in her breast. I am positive that they are connected somehow, it is just to much of a coincidence for it not to be. The disease is spreading quickly, she is starting to lose her voice and movement in her arms. She already has no movement in her legs. Does anyone else have a similar situation? I prey everyday that she will get better but I know she won't. I am scared to death of the future.

I read an article somewhere, Please dont quote me on the wording, Something about ALS following surgeries and I do see that many PALS have had some form of surgery prior to being diagnosed.

Maybe someone with more info on this can jump in.

Yes some people have thought surgeries started things going. Head trauma, car crashes, falls have been mentioned. Nothing proven as yet.

AL.

We all try to figure out WHY? My husband had a head injury, he was also in the military. We all want answers, but sometimes there are no answers. It is OK to be scared, we all are, but we need to be strong too.

I'm not trying to second guess your doctor, but you might check your mom for paraneoplastic syndrome, which will be more likely in light of her recent breast Ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back