Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I ran across this organization and thought it might be benificial to pALS, as they are among those that the organization caters to.

United Spinal Association

Membership is free and I have signed my husband up. They will be sending me a packet of information. One of their services (apparently) is to provide help with designing accessible spaces in your home. I was looking for help with the bathroom.

The crazy woman that came to our home today left a page from a notebook, hand written, with no detail for pricing and bottom line quoted almost $19K. No company quote page or business card. She wanted an additional $1K to remove the existing shower and finish the walls. This was not tile, by the way.

Do I have dumb a$$ stamped on my forehead. She didn't even sketch out a drawing and she was here for two and a half hours! I studied design in college and this was the most unprofessional presentation I've ever seen in my life! I mean, I can sketch out a landscape design almost to scale in 30 minutes.

Anyway, hoping for help from the United Spinal Association. I'll let you know what I find out. I'm going to try to call them tomorrow.

Forgot to add that they have special help for Vets!

http://www.vetsfirst.org/

Last edited:
I hope you get some good help from them. Good Luck!

Hi CJ-- Sorry she wasted your time. You should tell them that.

It seems like to me that any decent kitchen/bathroom remodeling company should be able to design a bathroom to hubby's custom needs. There's a boatload of people who do that here where I live......(maybe due to the large senior population.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back