Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Please do us all a huge favor and vote for this car design by Jeff Hallowell! He is trying to raise awareness among the many fans of Nascar for the ALS Guardian Angels. Many of us here have benefited from Stu's generosity and this is one way to repay that generosity.

Just click on the link and vote! You can vote for that car once every 24 hours.

Please tell all your friends! :)

ALS GUARDIAN ANGELS proudly sponsored by JHALLOWELL

Thanks to all that take the time to vote!

done 8) so easy and well worth it even if it wasn't!

ok, let's see if we can get it done this time!

Exactly, so easy!

Is that not the most beautiful car you've ever seen?

Don't we need to spread the word better on facebook?

CJ, thank you for doing this and making it so very easy.

Voted and will do so daily!

OK, The ALSGA car is listed under "old school" if you want to see how the voting is going.

I will be voting, religiously, for this one as well! It looks really nice!

Attachments

• ALSGA.jpg
    ALSGA.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,806
NASCAR fan! Voting done! for today.:p:p:cool:

Cast my vote.

It has been my experience that a steady flow of income assures an organization's longevity and success. The one-time grants are icing on the cake, so to speak. Therefore, contests like this one will put the organizaions name in the mind of all Nascar fans, not to mention those who we recruit to vote. And, many of those will become new financial backers and spread the word -- ripple effect.

Exposure is necessary if ALSGA is going to outlive Stu.

Diane

Vote! We need to get him on the first page leaderboard!

Diane,

First of all I appreciate Jeff's efforts on our behalf. I've been dedicated exclusively to ALSGA for the last three years. Prior to that I spent 15 years building and selling a successful business. Intuitively, I can sense what will be effective. No Nascar fans outside of of those who are ALS victims will give a second thought to ALSGA. The Nascar fans that are ALSA victims are negligible.

First prize in the PEPSI CHALLENGE will equal more funding than I will receive in outside donations in the next 10+ year at the going rate. If my main concern was publicity, I could take that money and rent billboards across the country. More importantly, I could use it to help ALS victims NOW. It won't replace the money I put in, but will help ADDITIONAL victims. Our critical needs are NOW. We don't have the luxury of time. Not when ALS is involved. There is NOTHING anyone can do for ALSGA and our victims that is more important than winning the Pepsi Challenge. NOTHING.

Last edited:
Stu,

I did not mean to imply that the Pepsi Challenge is not a good thing to pursue. I think, as a successful business man, you will agree, publicity that doesn't cost a dime is not something to be thrown away.

I, like you, thought the racecar "group" was small. My business is targeting horse people who have disposable income and think nothing of spending time or money trailering their horses across the US and on occassion even ship them by boat to Europefor a riding vacation. Not at all racecar fans. Right? WRONG. Many of them are avid fans and many are well aware of ALS as proven in the last voting round. They have/will become ALSGA
supporters.

Although our concert for ALSGA was rained out, when I asked my guests who were planning on coming but didn't to vote for the ALS car, they did, and as of this morning I have collected donations totaling near $1,000 from these Nascar fans. The money will be sent your way at month's end. Stu, this is from publicity that didn't cost ALSGA money but did create visibility and donations for equipment and aides that are needed now.

Please know I support raising money now while raising awareness however we can.

Blessings and grace,

Diane

Diane,

First of all, thank you for your effort. Please realize that no one has ever donated money to ALSGA for a function that never happened. You would be the first. I'm thinking in terms of effort and support. ALSGA has NEVER had success with anything important requiring a large critical mass of COMMITTED support. I believe that by focusing on two events simultaneously, the chances are diluted further.

It is really simple. There is nothing more important to ALSGA than winning $50-250,000.00 RIGHT NOW. Any effort at this moment in time, trying to garner publicity would be better spent on the Pepsi Challenge. The chances of succeeding under any circumstances based on our history is remote. Diluting the effort further lessons our chances. If anyone is sincere about really making an effort on ALSGA's behalf, this is where it needs to be applied. 100%. We have plenty of time for publicity AFTER the PEPSI challenge. Think of it this way. $250,000.00 NOW vs some publicity later. Now, who will help us with a committed effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back