Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Peachland
I am so weak I can barely walk across the floor. I keep seeing "stars". Is this something that goes along with ALS or should I go to the doctor and have myself checked for anemia?

I know, I know...there are no dumb questions...but I seem to ask a lot of you!

chef:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Another dumb question!

go to your doctor, of course - but barely walking across the floor because of muscle weakness or cos of fatigue?

i feel like it is fatigue...I just feel like I can't do anything...
chef

Seeing stars is not normal either. See a doc.

AL.

How's your blood pressure?

Fatigue comes and goes with my husband, depending upon how much he exerts himself. Seeing stars, however, has not been a complaint.

Sounds like you need a doc to check you out, as it could be something unrelated to ALS.

Hope you find out soon what the problem is!

Hi, I can't walk across the floor but it isn't from weakness or dizziness or want of trying. After a few steps, or even one, I'll just fall down from no balance. My lower half is shot, so the upper half is top-heavy. I never see stars or get dizzy. I've got leg-onset ALS. If you have symptoms that don't mesh with ALS, by all means go to a doctor. ALS is a nightmare--don't add to its woes.

Good luck,
Carol

Chef,

I'm with the rest of the gang; seeing stars is not a good thing. The first thought that came to my mind is low oxygen level but I'm no doctor.

Hopefully you can get an appointment quickly!

I sometimes get "Floaters" in front of my eyes. I believe that comes from being dehydrated. If it is really hot where you are, increase your fluids. HUGS Lori

Floaters are generally a result of debris in the fluid inside your eyeball. Seeing stars when walking may be a symptom of low blood pressure or low blood sugar. Would probably be a good idea to see your doctor so you don't miss anything.

Mary

Do you feel weak or dizzy when you"see stars"? I see sparkly little specks when it is very bright outside -especially if snow is on the ground. I was told many years ago that they are visual hallucinations with a neurological cause. I have not asked my PLS neuro about this.

ND

Yes I feel weak and dizzy when I see stars. I am going to try to get in to see my doctor this week.
Thanks for all your answers.
chef

and LET US KNOW what transpires, PLEASE

Deborah-get to the doctor yet?

i have checked my BP today and it has been as low as 85/79 so I think I know what is causing it. I am going to try to go to the GP tomorrow. I have had to stop driving, so I will have to wait till hubby comes home from work.

I had to stop driving when I couldn't even open the gas cap to put gas in. I had to have someone do it for me...so I figured if I couldn't even get the gas cap off, I didn't need to trust my hands on the steering wheel.

chef

When my PALS blood pressure gets low, I give him Gatorade. The sodium helps. HUGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back