Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Pagosa Springs
This is Jen, Linda's daughter. My dad and her came to visit yesterday. When they got here, she fell coming up my porch. She tripped on the stair and came down hard on her face. My dad and I were right there but not close enough. Her top front teeth went through her bottom lip. My husband is a dentist and so he took her to his office right away to fix her up. He fixed her teeth and gave her 6 stitches in her lip. He had to take out lots of little tooth pieces from her bottom lip. They were there until 1 in the morning. He got her some pain meeds and antibiotics. She is now sleeping in our guest room. Her mouth is swollen and her chin is bruised. It was so so scary but I'm very happy that it wasn't worse. I love her so much and this is just so sad. She is the sweetest lady alive and has always taken such great care of all of us 6 kids. I hope we can take as good care of her. She is going to now use her walker and maybe a chair so this will never happen again. I love you so much mom.

Sorry to hear about your mum Jen. Those kind of falls scare the crap out of you. Lucky to have a dentist in the family.

AL

HUGS to you and your Mom. HUGS Lori

Last edited:
Jen, sorry to hear about your mom. I know how scared you were as I just recently experienced a fall with my mom where I was close but not close enough. I hope all heals soon. Take care and love her bunches!

Sweet Linda, I hurt for you. I bit through my lower lip and broke my two top front teeth just a year ago and still remember the pain. Lucky you were at your daughter's when it happened and that your son-in-law could fix you up so quickly. Hope you will now use an assistive device of some sort so you stay safe. :) Hugs and blessings, Diane

So sorry to hear about your accident. Luckily for you that you married the right professional. take care and heal quickly.
Colleen

Jen, thanks for letting us know about your mom. Falls are so scary and so dangerous, I have had one and was lucky to only have gotten a bump on my forehead to show for it. I am glad that your husband was there to take such good care of her and that she is doing ok.

Linda, please take care of yourself and use your walker, I am doing that more and more but it is hard when steps are involved.

So sorry. I hope your Mom recovers soon. I understand about the falls. We have had our share, they are very scarey.

Oh my God Jen, poor Linda! I know her, she has been stubborn to use the assistive devices, but hopefully she will start
using them more now. Oh I just feel so bad for her! Tell her that we all know that she is still beautiful, and we hope to hear from her soon. Glad she is with you and in good hands!
Hugs, Kari
PS please tell her that Michelle is better now, it turned out to be impacted bowel and some problem with anemia that does not have to do with low iron. We are checking her out of the hospital today.

Sorry to hear about Linda's fall Jen. Tell your Mom we are thinking about her.

Please tell her get well soon from the Front Range!

Jen, I'm sorry to hear Linda had such an awful fall. Here's hoping the pain meds are doing their thing!

Jen, thank you for sharing your mother's story with us. Linda, so glad you are in such good hands. I'm sure it's very painful, so--good that as it did happen, it was at your daughter's whose husband is a dentist. Linda, I love my wheelchair. They're mostly a lot of fun. That and a ramp will get you lots of places! smile. Love you.

Dear Jen,
So sorry Linda had that fall! It is sooo scary to fall on your face straight on! I'm glad your husband was able to take care of her so quickly.
Peace,
Melody

Oh that is awful, but how fortunate to have a dentist in the family and immediately available to spring into action! I knocked out both front teeth as a child and still am plagued with nightmares in which I am endlessly knocking on doors searching for a dentist to put them back in (its been 35+ years with this dream, enough already!) I also send my best wishes for her speedy recovery, physically and emotionally, and for your entire family as well.

Lydia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back