Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
I have been thinking about some that we have not seen on the forum for some time.
we often think of them and wonder (i am guilty).

I thought if we know of anyone it would be good to send them a pm to let them know we are thinking of them and to check they are "ok".

I thought a pm is better than a visitors message as it will go to there email address.

I sent geo, zaff444 and cutika99 a PM (private message), it's been some time since they last posted.

We have such a great community here. It's good if we can look out for one another.

:-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting this in hopes of it becoming an ongoing thread for updates about our members who have not continued to post.

The contact we have with one another is a dichotomy in some ways. We're so close, but yet all it takes is a broken computer, a power outage, or our non-virtual life getting in the way, for a breakdown in the communication between us to occur.

Please, anyone who has pertinent information about a member, who's not been around as much as before; please, if appropriate, share it here.

Going back a ways, here is the latest information I have on some members, (some of this is not new news at all, but it has not, to my knowledge been posted before. This is only a short list, but one that I know its ok to be made public.

Grants44 husband did pass away. She is on facebook, and should anyone want to contact her, let me know, and I will give you her facebook name. This was not a recent passing.

Perplexed (Erica's) husband, it turned out had oral cancer, rather than bulbar onset of ALS. I have not heard how he is doing lately. I know he had gotten a PEG, and was undergoing treatment for the cancer, but with the error in diagnosis, the delay had impact on the effectiveness of the treatments. They have a young daughter...

Patricia1 I have not heard from, and Al also sent her an email with no response. She was friends with Liz, but as Liz is also gone, we may never really know.

Lostinlousville is OK, I had a message from her very recently. I do not know if she has received a different diagnosed rather than MS.

I don't know if anyone remembers SuzyQ, she did not post much, but she had been worried, as her father passed from ALS, and she had symptoms which were concerning to her. She was diagnosed about a year ago with fibromyalgia. She had a birthday recently, and I sent her a note, but have not heard back yet.

gimpydad'slady wrote to say that they have moved to a different state, and near to family. Brian, her husband and the PALS, is progressing, but she said they were coping with it.

Please, if anyone is friendly with Ahands, dsiple, or Quadbliss, it would be great if you could post about how they're faring. I remember that Ahands said he was getting a vent (?) I think.

Al has said he will send Tich1 an email, so hopefully there will be good news there.

A way that I've found useful to see if its just by chance I've been missing someone, or if they're really not around, is to look for when they were last online via the link on top of this page that says "Community". (scrolling down to"Members List+) One can search by user name, but it is also possible to search by Last Visit, Number of Posts, or Join Date. These headings are at the top of the opening screen, and are links when clicked upon.

Thank you so much Diane, this is so helpful and kind. I love the idea.
I appreciate it so very much.
I was wondering about Pat1 myself, she was a member when I first joined well over 3 years ago. Wonder how she is?
Jenny Scared of ALS is going to the Doc on Thursday, she will know more then, I will keep you posted.
I sent a message to April, have not heard back.
I have sent a couple of messages to Sam but have not heard anything back.
Often think of Brendapals, she was such a sweetie, anyone hear from her?
Love this Thread..

Has anyone heard from jennibf lately? Last I knew, she had just been diagnosed with PLS but that was quite a while ago.

i have geo's email address,been meaning to send him one.
will send him a email today and let you know.

as for lorie,well she is like the scarlet pimpernel.
she said she wants to come back on but can't use her old password.
i have sent her messages on fb and got one back.

i worry about zaff4444.
just checked and he has not been on the forum since mid feb.
i know i did send him a message a while back but he never answered.
will send him a pm today.

i have sent geo and sral from the pls forum emails.
also i had michelineh email address and sent her one.
i dont know if she will get it as last i heard she had to move back with her husband.

Brendapals is on Facebook, she just had a birthday, Brenda Kay Pitts, Stu amd Barry are her friends on there. HUGS Lori

Thank you for all of the input.

I had heard that Brenda was on Facebook. I belong, but am rarely there, still have not really figured it out. If I get a message, I log in, and that's about the limit to my participation so far.

Please, keep the responses coming. :)

Thank you so much for this thread. We would really like to know about Quadbliss. It has been over a year now since he posted and he was a valuable asset to the forum. He was not in good shape, but was able to endure for a long time. He did artwork with the implement in his mouth, and sold them in prints. We bought one a year ago Christmas and the check has not been cashed. I don't expect the news will be good. His name is Mike. His wife is the CALS and they make (made) such a superb, loving couple. I think her name is Shirley. IF YOU'RE OUT THERE, SHIRLEY, PLEASE INFORM US...... GOD BLESS QUADBLISS

Below is the link from Quadbliss' webpage. Looking on the site I could not tell how he was doing. If you click on the link below, you can email them. He wouldn't know me; would someone else email?

Contact Mike & Jen

Quadbliss has a website which is quadbliss.com and his wife is named Jen. I checked the site but could not find any updates.
Laurel

A little more detective work on Mike/Quadbliss. I see the ALS Association Bay Area has events in their newsletter for June and July and mentions that Mike is donating his art work to raise funds. So I am assuming he is hanging in there.
Laurel

Brenda Kay Pitt (Brendapals) just celebrated her 50th birthday on June 14 and recieved many Happy Birthday greetings on Facebook. Like me she doesn't post there much but she did thank everyone. I will send her a message on FB to let her know that we are all thinking of her and let you know what I hear.

Great idea for this thread Rose, I also wonder about some of our members. This is not an ordinary club so when people don't post anymore we get worried and think the worst and it is nice to be able to at least find out how they are doing.

I did not look at all the pages on Mike's site, but the last I saw modified was May this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back