Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
California
City
San Marcos
Well since the arrival of my powerchair and with the encouragement of friends I'm getting out and about via public transit. I've ventured to the San Diego Co. fair and yesterday went to the beach and Oceanside pier and had lunch, next week it's to the Barnes and Noble then the July 4th Padre game. I guess what I'm trying to say is live life for here and now and don't feel like you have to sit at home if you are capable of getting out. My big trip will be in August with a cruise up to Alaska. Onward and upward!

That's the kind of stuff I like to hear.

AL.

Good for you! ...and a cruise to Alaska sounds amazing! (I'm a little jealous, I'm not going to lie) ;) Hope you have a great time!

Chris

way to go have a blast

Hello I hope you have fun. I am trying to get brave enough,to go . when you get back you will have to tell us how much
fun you had.

Way to go -- Hope you have a blast and share your Alaska photos with us. Diane

Cool! Glad you are getting out! Alaska trip sounds wonderful!

Good for you! Sure wish I could convince my Mom to get a power chair. I think she's afraid she'll crash into the wall or someone. She took a test spin last week on one but said "No".

You go! That's great news and we'll look forward to pictures from Alaska!:mrgreen: Wishing you love and peace.

Bruce, glad you are getting around town, the cruise sounds great. I want to hear all about the trip when you get back as my wife and I are thinking of taking a cruise but are not sure how it would work with the chair and all.

See you at the ball game.

Jim

Brilliant!Wish I lived in a civilised country where these things are possible. Here in France you hardly ever see a wheelchair cos NOTHING is geared to let them pass. NO buses tho I think they are just making trains wc accessible.
If I had the energy, money and somewhere to go I would quit this BEAUTIFUL place. Fine for holidays but just do not live here if you are disabled!
I am so glad you had better services and go, man, go

Wow! Alaska! That is very exciting. ;)

My grandmother's friend went on a cruise to Alaska - she loved it. She had amazing pictures. The one thing she complained about was the cost of orange juice. Since it's technically an import for them, it's super expensive. So, if you intake oj, take mucho money. :)

I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip. Also, very glad to hear all is going well with the pwc. I think my mom is starting to look into those now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back