Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
California
City
Boulder Creek
Any of the PALS get B-12 shots? Do you find that it helps your nutrition levels? Side effects? not sure? If you don't get B-12 shots, know any PALS who do? Just curious if anyone has any experience with them.

thanks in advance!
-mel

My wife gave me B12 injections for several years. They helped with energy and no side effects. Like all supplements if you don't have a deficiancy they are not going to be of any benefit.

Hi Mel,

About one month after my mother's diagnosis the doctor recommended the B-12 shots as she had a slight deficiency. She did 1 per week for a month, and then to 1 per month. She said it helped with her energy level for the first 6 months...she is still getting her shot once a month but we don't see the same effects as we did early on. I believe now it's more for peace-of-mind. Anyway...if there IS a deficiency, I would definitely recommend them!

Chris

My mother had pernicious anaemia and had to have B12 shots every month.
Never any bad side effects, just a mounting in energy which gradually faded till the next shot. But then, she had the deficiency and I have not heard of any connection between ALS and anaemia of any kind?

B-12 is a neccessary supplement in a rare syndrome called Wernicke"s Korsokoff. It is caused by alcoholism. It stops your body from absorbing B-12 normally, and first symptom is balance issues.

The B vitamins are helpful to nerve function, so, it seems logical they would not hurt any nerve problems, just be sure you take the right amount.

A really comprehensive B-complex vitamin is hard to find, if anyone has some, let me know the brand,please. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
-m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back