Been trying to make some friends...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 12yards.jpg
    12yards.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 306
Great shots Phil! Did you have to go far to get the pictures of these two deer?

We had a mule deer doe in our yard last night and it was so cool :grin::grin:

Great shots Phil! Did you have to go far to get the pictures of these two deer?

We had a mule deer doe in our yard last night and it was so cool :grin::grin:

I can get about 8 to 10 yards from them before they get nervous. They come running when I come out to feed them. I'm hoping the fawns will get used to me, and get tame. They are not hunted here, so they are not very scared of people.

Nice Joel, I see three white-tail does. Must have been at your house in Nelson? Do you get any where you live now?

Ya Barry, it was in Nelson. I have not seen any where we are now, must be too close to the city. Nuts! I love animals.

In Nelson we got all kinds of animals and lots of bear. My wife did not like that to much, especially when they came up on our deck and put their head through an open window. LOL.

We have two black bears rooming our neighborhood . They must be brothers because they stay together....going from house to house invading the bird houses......ummmm I will try and get a picture..also a herd of elk hanging around the ranch...fun isn't it .. Love those animals and love bird watching..

I am extremely jealous of you all at the moment. Deer, bears elk etc. all roaming the area where you live. :mrgreen:

Oh well, I suppose I will just have to put up with rabbits, hares, kangaroos, wallabies, cockatoo’s, galahs etc. here.

Perhaps we can do a swap, 2 bears for 2,000 rabbits, and I will throw in a flock of galahs :lol:

Cheers
Peter

LOL. No thanks, we have enough rabbits and they are destructive! Maybe some Kangaroos or Wallabies. I have always loved those animals.

oh how i love the outdoors i live in uppermichigan and deer wolves bear are all around here come right into are yard i find it to be so cool .my daughter has a baby fawn they been nursing it and feeding it .it is so beautiful but a handful of work has to be attened to every 2 to3 hours for feeding and rubbing its behind to help it go to the bathroom nuts hey

Let's see, I've seen deer, turkeys, coyotes, foxes, groundhogs and hawks from my backyard. We live right in the suburbs, but have enough woods around our development to sustain a population of all of them.

Here one can see lots of roebuck deer, hares and boar. Trouble is the b French hunt everything that moves, including little birds.
Those are wonderful photos. Thank you all for sending them

These are some of the birds who stared me down in the garden. Spot the different one

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 311
We, too, have bob cats, deer, and turkey. No bears, just me. (Husband says,"You've got that right") I did just take the yorkie puppy out for a night time visit and he went nuts over a big deer eating out of the bird feeder. Poor dog couldn't figure out why the deer wasn't moving. The dog is about the size of a kitten. Crazy animal...

These are some of the birds who stared me down in the garden. Spot the different one
Irismarie, they all are finches and a bit similar to our goldfinch. There is one with a red head and dark beak on the left that differs from the others though. I was reading this morning that a British climatologist is predicting Europe is descending into another little ice age over the next several decades with winters that may rival the infamous one of 1683-84. This despite ongoing global warming. Still, snow in the middle of France in June?. That would make anyone disgruntled.

IrisMarie,

I agree, goldfinches, either juveniles and not colored up yet (best bet) or all females (unlikely) the one with the red head looks like my lady gouldian finches. I posted a photo of some of them not all that long ago on the " pets as therapists" thread. It is possible one escaped an aviary and is now staying with the other finches. They are native to Australia, and not for cold weather. If the red headed one has a green back, and lavender or white breast, she most certainly is a gouldian. (it looks like a female, males are much more colorful, the breast would be a bright royal purple, and the head a brighter red)

We have deer... lots and lots of deer. I've heard of black bear near to us, but thankfully, not had the pleasure of meeting one. :wink:

I would like to try to take some photographs of the birds frequenting our feeders, especially now that there are so many obviously young ones. A family of tit mouses, (three juveniles)... cardinals, the juvenile cardinal was checking out the grape jelly we keep out for the cat birds. ( I guess he didn't get the memo) So cute, very inquisitive. We have gold finches, the small pretty fuzzy woodpeckers, nuthatches... After several changes to how suet is offered, no more starlings! yay. Even a robin family comes to the feeder. Not used to seeing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back