Status
Not open for further replies.

dan'sMom

My 33 year old son has advanced Bulbar ALS.

He has also has a drug addiction to various drugs, Xanax, pain killers, for the past 15 years. He cannot cope with both the disease and the addiction, which makes it hard for him not to abuse his meds.

He has given up hope and wants to die even though he is still living alone and able to function.

When he abuses his valium and pain meds he falls, cannot eat, slurs worse, all symptoms get worse. He is taking Lexapro for depression. I don't know how to help him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dan's mom. You are in a difficult situation. Someone addicted to pain medications is already in a self destructive situation. Having a diagnosis of ALS at such a young age is a really hard reality to face. I wish I could offer a great way for you to help him but other than trying to get him into a program to help him with the abuse I don't know what to say to help. I'm sure that you've heard it before. We are here to help with support and if you need to talk, vent or just have a place to come to when you are down please come here. I'm not sure if we can offer solutions but at least we care. AL.

I think what your son felt is caused of drug abuse or alcohol abuse effect and maybe it is same like what alcohol addict feel. Your son need some treatment to cure drug addiction so don't give up!

Last edited by a moderator:
This post is over 2 years old. I would think it has resolved itself one way or the other. She only ever posted once.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back