Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
My husbands right arm has really started hurting(throbbing) today. The arm looks deformed almost, from the elbow down it is twisted, at a different angle than it should be. He hasn't fallen or hurt it in anyway, but he says it really hurts. In the past week his index finger on that hand has curled up and become useless. It is almost as if he is not getting blood flow from the elbow down. Anybody else had this happen? HUGS Lori

Poor darling! Could it have got dislocated? I am having awfl pains in arms - even thought it might be a heart attack it was so bad at one point, but no deformation, apart from fingers..........hope you get it sorted soon.

Hey Lori -

Is it possible that there is an intense cramp going on? I remember when I went to the Duke Clinic with my mom, they mentioned that limbs can change appearance when a cramp happens. Does massaging his arm hurt him more?

i have a nurse if one comes to your home check it out if not have doctor check it

Lori,
Sounds like a trip to the ER would be helpful.

I will call our home nurse tomorrow to come out. The ER will get us doctors that do not know about ALS. Our nurse is great, but it is a holiday weekend. Thanks and HUGS, Lori

Hi Lori, I sure don't like the sound of that.. Is it real blue? That is not a good sign at all. Circulation problems maby? Hope he can get some relief soon... Wondering about some ice packs?.. Ask one of our medical people? Hugs, Linda

He says arm is better today, I really did not notice any deformity, but he said it was deformity, and told me to type that. We will call about it tomorrow. HUGS Lori

Hello Lori!

I'm so glad to hear that your husband's arm is feeling better. Any ideas on what it may have been? Have you mentioned it to the nurse? I'm just happy to know that it's better.

Glad you did not notice any deformity.......that was really worrying, but if it is passing, so much the better. Hug him from me, please

Hi Lori,

My husband was having intense pain in his left arm from the elbow to the wrist. We went to the orthopedic doctor, and had it x-rayed. Nothing. The doctor attributed it to cramping and gave him a tennis elbow brace which helped tremendously.

Thanks Missy, that's where his pain is too. He got a knee brace from the VA a couple of months ago, just started wearing it as his knees have been hurting real bad. He wants to get another one for his other knee, so now we will just order one for the arm too! HUGS Lori

Gosh, I think we will all look like the iron man by the time. We get. All the machines and braces on? L

Hi, My wife has started to experience quite significant pain in her arms and shoulder tops. Some of it may be connected to frozen shoulders which our Nuerologist said she is now experiencing. When I lift her arms she can only stand about half way up to the level of her shoulder. Not good.

I failed to include that she has a finger(her pointer) on each hand which is no longer straight. She gets hand and finger cramps regularly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back