09/2009
Country
US
State
VA
City
Henrico
Good Morning All!

My mom was diagnosed with ALS Sept 2009. She currently uses a walker and a wheelchair to get around. She uses a bi-pap with oxygen at night.

She is talking about flying out to Albuquerque, NM some time in the future. I know she had to use oxygen while out there this past Feb. Is it safe for her to fly and for her to be in a place where she's had to use oxygen in the past? Her doctor told her last year when she was planning her trip for Feb that she needed to go as soon as she could, which is why she went in Feb. Would it be safe for her to fly now that it's getting difficult for her to breathe?

Ok, I'm rambling, but I am concerned.

Have a blessed day!

What's her doc say about flying and travelling? Does she have a Respirologist? They would have an idea I would think. Most aircraft maintain around an 8000 ft cabin altitude ( I think ) That may cause shortness of breath or may not depending on the person. Best to check with the docs.

AL.

Thanks Al, I'll pass that info along to her.

I can tell ya Linda, that most first class seats to have plug ins for portable bi-pap machines. I dont know all of her respatory issues, but that is how my dad is planning on traveling. Then my parents have gotten a hold of a company that will deliver fresh oxygen to hotels as well. AFTER she checks with her docs, I can give you all the info on that hun.
Hugs, Kari

Nice information you are giving Blubear.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back