Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
this is because of increasing upper abdominal pain for months now.
one scan is to check organs,especially pancreas.
the other is to look at the abdominal wall because my gp feels there could be a problem due to the fact my upper torso has weakness,i'm not convinced this could be the problem.
i have to fast from the morning,my appointment is at 3.50pm.
i have been trying to get out of having the camera as they sedate you and with hypotention i dont do so well.
eating loads more than normal but maintaining wieght is still a problem.

Oh, Olly, those scans are NOT comforting at all. And to make you fast as long as that is ridiculous. I for one would be feeling v ill by that point.
But bon courage. Soon be over and then there will be either relief or something else to worry about:-(. Let us hope they find you have been frauding all along an there is nothing wrong with you at all/ Wouldnt that be LOVELY! I keep hoping for that

You mean the camera they send in through the nose? If so, that didn't bother me at all, and they didn't give me anything, but a little KY jelly. Not much different than picking my nose. If its the other end..I'm sorry, but I think it hurts your dignity more than anything. Good luck! I hope its something simple!

Caroline,
I am sending you Prairie hugs and holding you close today. My hope and prayer is that the report will come back 100% perfect. love to you, Kay Marie

Hi Olly,
Sure hope that your tests are all negative & that you start feeling better.love ya
Sharon

Good luck tomorrow Olly, I hope you get some answers.

Olly - I am sorry you have to have additional ct scans today. I hope all goes well and there is good news to be heard. Please let us know how things go as soon as your up for it.

Have a blessed day.

Prayers to you today for good news and results from today's tests...

Caroline, hope that all goes well with your tests! Will be waiting to hear the results.

wAITING for results, please......;;

Caroline - do you have any results yet on the CT scans? Please let us know the results as soon as you can. We love you!

hi,thankyou all for your well wishes.
the consultant who did it was a lovely man and everything went well.
he said there was no sign of hernia's etc in the abdominal wall and everything else looked ok.
so next will be the gastroendoscopy that i really dont want.

i feel there maybe a little problem in the stomach itself but that alot of the pain is muscular due to the weakness.
i am going to ask my gp about using the proton pump inhibitors and gastro emptying meds for a bit longer and see what happens.
though i rarely get burning and the proton tablets gave me more problems like burping and colic wind in my stomach(upper not around belly button)

i just have a constant ache in my stomach and middle/upper back all the time,then every so many weeks it gets really bad and i am in agony.
i am fed up,really dont need this ontop of all the other stuff.
thanks again.

Caroline,

I am very glad the ct scans went well! I know you must feel a little sense of relief. I am sorry that you have to do the gastroendoscopy. Are you having an upper or lower? I've had the upper. Fortunately, they put me to sleep. Unfortunately, I woke up while they were putting the tube down my throat. Fortunately, they gave me more sleeping stuff. When I woke up, I was groggy but felt ok. I'm not sure of the process when having the lower.

Definitely talk to your gp and tell him how you feel while taking the proton tablets. I understand your frustration with having additional medical issues along with what else your going through. I wish I could take all the discomfort and pain away. While I hope nothing new is found, I do hope they find a way to make you feel better. I've been through years of stomach problems, mostly nausea. I went through xrays with the barium (yucky stuff), the gastroendoscopy...they have discovered that I have bilateral something. Simple called a nervous stomach where my intestines telescope into themselves when I get stressed about anything. I've been taking this nasty taking liquid for the nausea since I was in the 7th grade and I'm 44 now. Sorry, didn't mean to go on a tangent about my own thing...

You are in my thoughts all the time. I am worried about you. We all are. Keep us posted on things as they happen. Best of luck!

hi luvnmm.
i did have a colonoscopy several years ago after developing bleeding,the pain was worse than labour and would never have it again.
they could not get round one of the bends and had me in all kinds of positions.
it left me ill for weeks after.

the gastroendoscopy would be upper and need sedation.
my problem is i have chronic hypotention even when my blood pressure is good it only reaches 100/60.
any sedation and it drops really badly and it takes me a very long time to come round.
so i am just really worried it will make me ill and take weeks to get over.

i am sorry to hear you have had years of stomach problems and have had to live with this. my mum has always had stomach problems like you since her teens.
i have never had any stomach problems before not even bugs etc.
i can still eat ok ,get odd days with no appetite and a little full sometimes.
i have become to realise i,m craving more sweet foods and have gone off red meat it just repulses me.
my son keeps buying me cakes lol .

thankyou for your kind words,i really appreciate it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back