09/2009
Country
US
State
Wa.
City
Puyallup
Hi guys,
I just thought I would start a thread dedicated to our Mr Rat, because he is in the hospital today getting his peg put in. He is in good hands with Lori his wife, but wanted to say I am sending my love and prayers to him....... He is such a great guy!
Hugs to Jay!
Hugs to Lori!
Please keep us posted on how things are going!
Love ya,
Kari

Well, Jay...You have been very busy! Sending you warmest wishes for a smooth and painless peg. Prayers for you and Lori!
Ann

Jay, you are now officially a member of the L-O-N-G tube club! xo to you and Lori xoxoxox

Jay,I hope everything goes real easy for you...thinking about you tonight....let us know soon how you are....hugs, Linda

I hope you are doing well! Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.

Good luck Jay. I know that you'll be fine and welcome to the long tube club!

Attachments

• Rizzo_flowers.jpg
    Rizzo_flowers.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 401
Thinking of you! Gee..my husband has a short tube..I got ripped off. Just kidding!

Jay, hoping everything is well and I am sending you many blessings and prayers. Josie

Lori told me Jay has a great doctor. Insists all ALS patients spend the night in the hospital after the install. Wish all docs felt that way.

Good luck Jay!

Prayers for Jay & Lori hope you feel better & God Bless
Sharon

Hello everyone...Jay is doing well! I know he is excited to get back to the forum and start the PEG jokes:)
Surgery was at 10:00am, I was able to stay with him all day to care for his needs, very loving staff at our local hospital. Charge nurse kicked me out at 10:00pm but he was all tucked in... bipap on, no pain, peg neatly coiled under a mound of gauze and tape. Now Jay is bald, but the rest of him is pretty hairy, so the pain will probably come when I take off all the tape tomorrow. I know this surgery was a good decision. He is still eating well, but swallowing is affected according to the "cookie" test (and the person that feeds him...ME:). We thank you all for being so open and detailed regarding your own experiences with the PEG surgery and your personal journey with ALS. It allowed us to provide guidance to our local Doctors & care staff. We are very lucky to have a good medical team that is willing to travel through this journey with us and are open to our research and recommendations.
It was so hard to come home to an empty house...I had a good cry! I just hate this disease, but we find strength from all of you. We strive for Shalom (Peace). No one can say what our future holds, not before the ALS diagnosed and not after. We just need to live our lifes...if it is with a peg, or a wheelchair or a vent, so be it! Jay & I have always been a team, best friends and in love more each day. We always said, Forever and a day!
Thank you again for your love and support!
Shalom,
Lori & Jay

Oh thanks Lori, I was sure he would be fine, but I always worry! Oh hun, you did so good being a mama bear! It's hard coming back to an empty house, I know. But remember, Jay is okay and he will be home tomorrow! We love ya both, and look forward to having him back here on the forum too!
Hugs, Kari

Jay & I have always been a team, best friends and in love more each day. We always said, Forever and a day!

Shalom

Hope all goes well!

Thank you! When I am with him, I am OK...I can take care of him. Leaving him at the hospital...I was not ready for that, the hospital is one street over, I can see it out my window, but I just want to run back back to be at his side! Morning can not come soon enough. Thank G-d for this forum, where else can you go and cry in the middle of the night, and receive support from all corners of the world. I know it will be alright, just having a little moment. I need to rest to be able to provide for him tomorrow...safe in our little apartment, watching the forest out our window, turn on an old movie and return to are routine.
Thanks again for listening,
Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back