Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
MI
State
MI
City
Portage
any suggestions on where to get my meds cheaper or where i can get help paying for them? i appreciate any help.

Hey Chuck Norris!

Are you asking about the qualaquin in particular or just any drug? I looked up the qualaquin. I'm not sure what you are paying for it now, and do you have insurance to help cover the cost? Anyway, I found a website, qualityprescriptiondrugs.com and they have that particular drug listed. I'm not sure of your dose, but the website has 30 324mg tablets for $171.43. I'm sure you could ask about the cost of other drugs as well. I don't know if this helps, but I hope it does. Good Luck!

thank you. the canadian equivalent is quinine sulfate. so far that looks like my cheapest option so far. Has any one tried the online canadian pharmacies? i am looking at canadadrugs.com right now. i can get 120 pills for $60.00 .
how do people afford this disease?

Sometimes if you contact the manufacturer directly they'll help with payment.

AL.

I also need to order Quinine. The site I found is CVS. In the USA we are not able to get Quinine, so we have to order it from Canada. Anyone do this yet? HUGS Lori

I thought MTpockets told me once he gets it in Mississippi.

AL.

Well, this is the one that Montel Williams is always talking about for free and discounted prescription drugs. He has MS. Go to Prescription Assistance Program |
or call 1-888-4PPANOW. I hope that helps! If it does, please come back and let us know!
Hugs, Kari

Hello Chucknorris!

I was thinking of you and wondering how the search for cheaper drugs is going. Did you order from that Canadian website? I don't know how people pay for this disease! So far, everything is super expensive...drugs, equipment, drs appt...it's crazy! My mom has been lucky so far in using the loan closet with our local ALS support group. She's gotten a walker and a manual wheelchair to use just when she needs it. There is also a cough assist available. I've signed up on the MDS/ALS site as well and gotten a contact with them. I plan on meeting with them soon to go over what they have available. These are just suggestions that might help you out with some of the costs.

Let me know how you're doing. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back