Not open for further replies.

officermike

Country
US
State
wyoming
City
lusk
Not trying to be bothersome, but I have some questions. Does muscle twitching start after muscle wasting and atrophy or before? And what does it feel like when you get weakness in your body ive never heard it really described before it is always just said weakness is a symptom but doesn't describe weakness. Weakness can mean a lot of things. Thank you

Cant speak for everyone else but I had twitching before anything else widespread all over for 3 months before anything else set in. I had weakness and wasting together. Weakness started with dropping everything not just clumsey just couldnt hold on to anything then I couldnt pick up a cookie at Subway. That was a sucky day lol :)

Love
Kelly the Dirty Fibber

Not trying to be bothersome, but I have some questions. Does muscle twitching start after muscle wasting and atrophy or before? And what does it feel like when you get weakness in your body ive never heard it really described before it is always just said weakness is a symptom but doesn't describe weakness. Weakness can mean a lot of things. Thank you

Hard to say Mike. They can waste with no twitching at all. Some people are twitchers, and some arent. And heavy twitching is not a indicater of fast progression. Some folks that have made it 10 years or more has had heavy twitching the whole time. Mine comes, and goes. I had some wasting before much twitching. I havent had cramps in a long time either (knock on wood).

Thank you both for your replies. I know I'm repeating myself but i keep having twitching in my calves and right hand and fingers alot its not constant but happens everyday. I will get two or three quick twitches in those areas several times a day, and also get them in my biceps, and knees and back area around my shoulder blades. They don't hurt they are just annoying and bothersome, and cause me stress. My neuro doesn't think als but i mentioned bfs to him and he looked at me like i was crazy. He doesn't know what is causing the twitches.

Phil, that is true.. Random sometimes. I do miss him by the way..

wow thanks phil for the answer you gave i was wondering that too i have twitching so bad in both arms it never stops i can tell my muscles are smaller but i still have alot of strength in them i was thinking my god its progressing fast thanks for the input phil jeffp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back