Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
Its hard to believe so many pals do not experience pain! Consider yourself lucky! I have joint pain, and sore muscles all the time. I have a good bit of atrophy in my facial muscles, and my whole face hurts to the touch. Confused in the 30024...

Very interesting, I have some similar symptoms... I haven't been diagnosed with anything though, so can't say I'm in your same shoes... But, maybe that means you have a different type of ALS that isn't as progressive- no one knows, but let's hope.

i hear ya phil i have pain it seems all the time joints and constant twitching in both arms so very noticeable but i cant take narcotic pain pilss being a recovering addict but i do take ultram for the pain it helps alot and is non narcotic

Phil~ My PALS has experienced pain from the very beginning. It is very distressing for him and has made this "journey" so much more difficult for him. I am so sorry for you, Jeff, and others dealing with pain in addition to this. Peace to you all.

Yes I have joint and muscle pain as well- just stiff and achy- maybe a little arthritis mixed with the decreasing joint tissues that are associated with ALS. Becase the nerves eventually die as do the miscles holding our bones in place the cartledge also wears down and keeping bones in place can be difficult. Even a simple twist of the body can cause this tp happen. As ALS progresses it becomes easy to dislocate shoulder joints and this can be extremely painful. Medications and cuffs to keep the joint in place are available if you speak with your doctor. And if you have a doctor who says there is no pain with ALS, then they have no idea about ALS.
Although not all patients with ALS experience pain but there certainly are those that do. Karin

Yep, I know about pain with this. My form of ALS is the spastic/rigid type. Maybe that is what causes pain? The neuro said it was not the worst form of SLA. Did not like to ask what is worst or worse...;

I had hoped the pain I was feeling was a sign it wasn't ALS.
The people I've seen so far at the clinic believe it may be from the pravastatin I am taking (my symptoms) but then again they just don't
seem to want to discuss the ALS issue. I can't afford a neurologist and have no insurance so I just have to keep going to the clinic and hope they help me figure this out.

I don't remember my brother complaining of physical pain other than the discomfort he felt from not being able to move limbs. Actually he did
complain of a sore back but I think that might have been from him being on his back so much and having no mobility.

Im in constant neuropathic pain..wouldnt let neuro touch my legs today! psin is th worst part of my disease.

Hey Guys, my dad takes Move Free double strength that contain Glucosamine and Chondroitin, which helps with the joint pain, and arthritis pain. Also, both of us (me for fibromyalgia muscle aches and dad for ALS) do the magnesium spray. It does seem to help.
Hugs, Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back