Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
Hi! It is really nice to see all the forum friends on facebook, BUT I am sure a lot of you do not have time for farms, flowers, smiles, and all the other apps out there. If you do not want to see these posts, all you have to do is hit the button next to the app to hide it, then just hide the app, not the friend. For those who enjoy the games, fine, but for those of us who do not want to build a farm, this is how to avoid the messages. Happy farming! HUGS Lori

Lori, thank you... I'm one of "those people". Also having a loooong wait today getting onto sites, and this forum is one that I've waited ages to enter. I'm concerned that opening facebook to so many has introduced computer trouble. This site comes first... so I may be closing my facebook account.
Ann

I think I have too many "friends" on fb. I don't know who most of these "friends" are.

Ya, Kay Marie talked me into fb and it is pretty overwhelming for sure! I know about 3/4 of my instant friends there, the rest are all involved with ALS in one way or another. I think it is good for networking for causes like our beloved ALSGA. Plus you can blab all ya want on there if you want about anything. Haven't done a ton of blabbing there though, this forum is my main focus.
Thanks for the heads up Lori! I noticed the whole farm thingie and other thingies and I am just learning how to navigate my way though things there. I will call ya when I get a chance so you can fill me in on what the heck all this stuff is!
Hugs, Kari

Kari, I do not "play any of the games" I just like finding the interesting links posted by other CALS and PALS. They are easy to share with my non ALS friends. HUGS Lori

I am not very computer literate, well unless ya want to book a reservation to Dubai or something....hahaha Play games, who has the time for that one? hahaha
Love ya girl!
Kari

Oh wow, now I feel bad. I'm only friends with Devan (Maxwell Murder) on fb. I would love to be fb friends with everyone here. If you find me-- Laurie Seaquist-- friend me! I'm the one that looks like a Victoria Secret model. I'm wearing the new bathing suit I bought for a St Maartin trip in a couple weeks....

Thank you for telling me how to do this. My daughter told me there was a way to, but then didn't follow up, (some things I need walked through, step by step, while holding my unsure and un-computer savvy hand)_I've had a facebook profile for a while, but don't do much with it.

Thanks for the tip, Lori. I am a farmer and I truly hope fb hasn't caused this site problems. My best to you all!

I am also getting lots of requests on FB - finding out I know more of them then I originally thought. I was wondering if us "FB" people could make a list of names/ids on FB to "reference" - Maybe we can circulate the message through our inboxes? Not sure how else to do it.

(sorry I love my farm)

Rachelle

Yea thats a great idea Shelly! I will start a thread on it right now!
Hugs, Kari

Also a tip I found useful to keep everyone "organized" is you can create "lists" of friends. If you look at your friends list if gives you an option to "add to list" - I have ALS friends in one list and FTD friends in another - plus other misc ones like work, etc. It helps me to remember who is from what forum since our "nicknames" don't match FB

Hey Shelley!

I tried to do the list thing on FB. It didn't work the first time but it did work the second time. Thanks for the instructions on how to do it - I would have never figured it out.

Thanks! :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back