Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
The latest MDA magazine? Some interesting, and positive news! I haven't looked to see if it is on the website yet...

On page 16 there is a story on our need to tell 911 before any problem arises, that we have ALS-- in case our family member or CALS becomes ill and needs help. The person who's story this is (to be kept anonymous until either she or her Pals gives permission) is a member of this forum. Well Done!

Georgia and her pals husband are featured in this article. Thank you both!

That had to be scary! Thanks for the tips Georgia! Glad you are OK!

Never really thought about that kind of situation before you brought it to our attention. Now we know what to do.

What a great idea! How do you get the MDA magazine? I would like to get it for me and my mom. Thanx!

Are you registered with the MDA?

I tried to sign up at the MDA site and kept getting a run time error. It wouldn't let me sign up. Any suggestions?

Call your local or state office.

Stupid question: How do you "tell" 911 about the ALS situation without dialing 911? The last time I dialed 911, I had 2 fire trucks and EMS at my door. The 911 dispatcher would not listen to me and sent the whole shebang!

We have a Non-emergency number listed in our book.

I finally got on to the MDA/ALS site. I ended up having the email customer support. They had to fix an error in the program. Then I signed up. Thanks everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back