Distinguished member
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Auburn
Hey you guys,

So I started my infusions with my Naturopath MD guy in Atlanta yesterday. That took forever.

I got a nutrient push, phosphatidylcholine push, and 800mg glutathione.

I had a crazy reaction to PhosChol made my mouth taste like plastic and it burned through my picc line.

It took me down for the count last night and this morning. I finally know what trunk weakness is. I have discovered it.

Is anyone on this type of experimental stuff? My MD says he has about 5 ALS patients responding favorably to the combo. Just wanting some feedback.

He said itd be three days before I felt anything but about 5 pm today my speech cleared up a bit. Def noticeable to my friends and family.

I am also on Liver C formula, high dose liquid B complex, and PhosChol pill form and an anxiety formula for Bruxism.

Any feedback would be awesome.

Kelly

Oh Kelly, you must keep us posted on how this combo is working for you. Now JoelC is the man to talk to about glutathione. I have been trying to get my dad to start on it. Message him, he has loads of info and experience with it. Good luck girl!
Hugs, Kari

LimeGreen~ my husband was on a treatment plan similar to yours for several years. He said he honestly couldn't remember telling any difference after his treatments. I didn't visually notice any difference, either. He took his treatments at home and they were lengthy and quite expensive.
I hope your experience is better than ours. It sounds like it already is! Good luck!

maybe there are different causes of a.l.s. and maybe why it works for some and not others

Hi Kelly- I am confused-- have you been diagnosed with ALS?! I thought you had Lyme disease- are these treatments for Lyme disease? do you believe there is a connection between Lyme disease and ALS?

Hope they help to alleviate your symptoms and you are feeling better soon--

Sandra

I've been doing IV glutathione for several months. Sometimes I think it helps, sometimes not. I've been on more or less of a plateau since I started, slipping a little but retaining basic functions. So I don't want to stop.

My naturopath also included B vitamins and specifically B12 to the mix, along with magnesium which he felt would open the blood vessels and maybe help it get into nerve tissue. However the magnesium burned somewhat, similar to what you describe with the PC, and we've discontinued that. If you're going to do this regularly for a long period of time, you need to be kind to your veins.

I am currently doing 1200 mg daily but thinking of switching to 2400 mg every other day to see if a big dose has a more noticeable shirt term effect.

Hey Hal,
My dad is finally willing to try doing what you are doing. But we cant find a naturopath that will help us with it. How did you find someone that would help with that?
Also, just an FYI, try magnesium spray all over your body. And under the arm pits to help spread it through the lymph system. It is much better absorbed that way. If you want to know where to get the good stuff, PM me and I will give you the link. If you do try it, which I do for my fibromyalgia as well, just a heads up it will dry your skin. Spray and wash off 1/2 hour later. I only do this once a day, but my dad does it twice a day. Please let me know if you can point us in the right direction for the IV injections. Maybe your guy knows a guy in the Seattle area, who may know a guy in our area?
Hugs, Kari

Ok what r u girls up to? Where do I get the stuff? I want some for my armpits too...might be a nice way to stay dry in the hot summer months? Lol hugs, Linda

Sorry been on vacation at the beach couldnt get back to the computer..Terrible vacation but I wont get into it. lol...

SandraD~ I have been diagnosed with Mononeuritis Multiplex where I have denervation and regeneration going on in my limbs. I also have cranial stuff kickin big time. The MNM is secondary to Lyme's Disease.

This naturopath actually found me through a physician friend of mine. He's really smart and caring about his patients and had intelligible answers to all of my questions about the experimental stuff. I agreed to work with him for 6 months to see if my follow up EMG would show any improvement on the protocol and I can continue my Rocephin while working with him.

I will be seeing him again on Tuesday to get all of my supplies and medicine so I can start myself at home next week. I will ask him if he knows anyone BlueBear. I know that Naturopathic MDs are few and far between that will treat neurodegenerative diseases.

Just wanted some feedback bc I feel all alone in the world. I have been improving slightly everyday the only thing is my tongue tip has started twitching again but I just came off neurontin bc it was making me crazy.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Im relaxing with the puppy today so if anyone is bored message me. ;)

Awww girl, you are not alone, we are here for ya! Thanks so much for talking to your Naturopath. I did find one, but he is a two hour drive for my dad. I wonder if there is a list somewhere that lists all the naturopaths that are also MD's? Hang in there girl, hey what kind of puppy is that? Cute!
Hugs, Kari

Kari, I don't see my guy too often. I really think he's something of a quack - last time me tried to interest me in the "healing codes" which is some online program and sounds like a total scam to me. Now he did say he could get me the book for free, they charge $600+ for it online. So he wasn't trying to rip me off personally, but still.

One idea I had was for you to contact Dr. David Perlmutter, the Florida neurologist who pioneered IV Glutathione for ALS. He has a blog called Renegade Neurologist. He may be able to recommend someone in your area.

Thanks Hal! From what I gather, there are two top dogs within the US, one is the one I found here in the US and the other just happens to be in Florida. I wonder if that is the same guy. I still need to talk to the guy here in Wa state, so far we have been playing phone tag. I just dont want my dad to have to do the 2 hour drive all the time. My hope is that he will be able to get an IV line in so my dad or mom can do the IV pushes with the glutathione and hopefully some good B vitamins for energy. The nurse there said she thought that we would have to have an actual nurse to do IV push. Hummm, I dont think so, my husband was sick one time with an infection after a surgery and a home nurse came in and had to show me how to do his pic line meds, and give him shots in his stomach. I dont see why this should be anything different. I will keep you posted if I get stuck. Thanks so much for your reply, I have bookmarked it.
Hugs, Kari

Hi Kari,

I am going to be able to do the pushes myself. All I had to do is get a friend of the family who is a nurse to write a letter to my MD and his partners stating that she would oversee me if in fact I needed the help. She had to verify my competence with regards to the medicine and my PICC maintance which I am an expert now. The only one he is not allowing me to do at home is the PhosCol because it has to be mixed with blood before it is infused but he said if i can successfully do it myself tomorrow he will talk to his partners so maybe I can do that myself. The meds are only $60 per week thank goodness and I don't have to pay for the clinic visits since I'm being used as a lab rat at the moment. Currently I have to drive 2 hours each week too which sucks.

But I am seeing positive results...arms havent fallen asleep, my strength is really good, not as clumsy, and the biggest difference is my speech..its perfect again but that took a week. Make sure your dad gets the proper precursor meds to support the glutathione push. My MD says that its imperative and in my research found that glutathione not manufactured in the cells themselves does no good so I am on about 4 supplemental meds that stimulate my cells to make the glutathione themselves in addition to the push.

Also with a high dose push dont be surprised if you dad goes down for the count for a couple of days. I was bedridden that night and the next day then I gradually got back to normal and then better and then woke up one day and my speech was better and I didnt have to use my night guard the past two nights and no clamping or tongue biting. I am happy with my results so far. Everyone around me notices the speech. But i paid the price for a few days for it.

love,
kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back