Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
Wa.
City
Puyallup
This is for you KM, and to pick the spirits back up of all of our family here to get us HOWLING AT THE MOON AGAIN!

YouTube- THREE DOG NIGHT- "SHAMBALA"

I love ya all, lets get back to living our lives!
Hugs, Kari

I remember that song.....

Let me tell you a story about yesterday. I was standing on the Route 9P bridge over Fish Creek in Saratoga Springs. The rain was pouring down on my head as I waited for my son's Crew shell to come through. All I could think about was Liz and just how depressed I was feeling at the time. I walked over to find out why he hadn't come through yet (it was at least half an hour late). My cell phone rang. My daughter Julie, who had just gotten her driver's license two weeks ago, was crying into the phone that she had just been rearended. I was 30+ miles away and had a kid rowing that had no cell phone, I couldn't leave. As I'm getting ready to cross the road a major a*****e in a Saratoga Springs Sheriff's Deputy uniform yells to me "if you cross the road there I am going to arrest you". Got into a pretty heated argument with this 23 year old "authority" figure that the Sheriff finally calmed down. After another 20 minutes of searching I found out that the boat had just gotten in the water. I go back up onto the bridge.
Standing there waiting for the boat I start talking to a couple from Buffalo that have three girls racing. They've been married 20 years, while all of their friends have separated or divorced or gone through some other hell. It sounds like my life all over again. The clouds start to part and the sun starts shining. Julie calls back that the police have finished up, nobody's hurt, the car is drivable. Lou's boat comes through way ahead of the next boat in line. In a matter of about an hour I'd gone from the deepest despair I'd felt in five and a half months to something approaching elation. All because I struck up a conversation with a couple of strangers.

That's what this forum is to me, a bunch of strangers that at one time several months ago I reached out to in my deepest despair and found sympathetic and loving souls ready and willing to ease my pain. I really can't begin to express how much this forum has meant to me since Liz died. Kay Marie is one of several members here that I consider a TRUE friend. We really can't let a couple of bad incidents take this resource away from the next PALS, CALS, widow or widower. You just never know when the next person coming on to the forum is going to become the next "Extremely Helpful Member" for someone like me.
Thank you, Kay Marie and all of you who have helped me get through the last 5 1/2 months.
Dick

Oh Dick, you had quite a time! Ya did good though, ya didn't end up in jail on top of all that, good on ya!
We love you!
Hugs, Kari

That was really deep!

"Times they are a changin"

thats what it all about being there either by just listening to that other person just reaching out of yourself to help one another.life would be quite bothersome if we didnt have friend to lean on .just like the song lean on me ,that is a true friend and to me that was a kay marie .where all in this journey together lets not let a few bad seeds ruin what this site was built for

Yea, my last three "interactions" with authority figures all involved early 20 something gung-ho to arrest idiots. What the hell are they training these guys for anyway. How threatening is a 45 year old balding man with white hair? I never had experiences with cops like this in the past. It was always "yes sir, thank you sir and please take care". These new guys are all young, fat and loaded with attitude. Honestly, if they were my kids I'd be ashamed of how they were treating the people they are supposed to be protecting.

Dick

But this is dedicated to Kay Marie. Hope you are holding a little one in the next few days. Please send pictures. Dick

Thank you Kay Marie for talking to me on the phone today and being patient with my typing and pseudo voice. A simple phone call is a big deal for me and I appreciated it more than you know.

Barry

Last edited:
Damn CJ, you're making me feel old! But I do love Kay Marie, so it's okay. This one time.

Those were great CJ! Especially the California Dreaming because Kay Marie is off on a plane to California for the birth of her grand baby.
I chose the song I did because of the words, I think we should ALL listen to the words of that song, it applies to all of us over this past weekend this forum is SHAMBALA , and there is a form of howling in it. hahahahaha.....We will all be howling at the moon together with her, ALL OF US, again on the next full moon, you will see!
Hugs, Kari

Last edited:
I love you all!
May God spread his arms of love over us all and fill our spirits with peace. I treasure you all so much!

Doggone, Kari... Three Dog Night and Shambala brings back memories. So do The Mamas & The Papas, CJ. Why do they make me feel 19 or so again...very briefly, however, lol.

I love you all, as well, and Dick... I hear you about the newer "authority figures". Common sense went out the window for that guy when your life was upside down.

Kay Marie, enjoy your grandbaby. We love you!

You know what's really funny? He asked me what my problem was and I told him. He then proceeded to make an even bigger ass of himself. The Sheriff was not amused, I'm betting the guy got a serious dressing down after I left. At least I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back