Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
US
State
NY
City
Chateaugay
I was just reading about what has been happening on the forums and was sorry to hear how some people have been hurt by what has been said. When my mom was in the middle of her diagnosis, I found this forum and asked a lot of questions. So many caring people helped me get through that difficult time. When she received her definite diagnosis I then became ( what I consider to be) a part of this family. I don't feel that someone who I feel is rude or ignorant deserves my time or response. I hope that the rudeness and hurt can be forgotten or forgiven and people can move on with what is important in their lives. Some really great friendships can be made here and I hope that this doesn't stop people from reaching out to others.

Dana

Hi Dana,

You must've felt great when you recieved the "comfort" when 1st visiting. I realize too that there are more caring people here than not & wont let one bad seed or two ruin my visits here.

I think it was SaddieMae who made a really good comment (as she always does), was something like, "You never know the face behind the words & what they are going through & EACH person deserves the SAME respect" But hey, SaddieMaes is one special lady! :)

Im sorry about your mom. If you ever need to talk, dont hesitate! :)

F

Thanks and I agree 100 percent about Sadiemae. she is one very special person.

Dana

in nam so grateful for this forum suffering from bulbar als i have recieved nothing but hope love encouragement and have learned alot from these love caring people fighting this disease whether they have it or the one taking care its awlful on both sides it affects us all god bless all my friends

It saddens me to see that some incredibly valuable people to this forum have been so harshly judged. If they leave this forum, it will be a loss to this forum. I'm also been in the "undiagnosed" journey with my husband now for a year, and Indigosd and BluBear are my soul sisters and have been nothing but loving, kind and supportive. Fortunately, I have them as personal friends now as well, so if they are not on the forum, they will still be in MY life.
Peace,

Something that a few of us who have been here for a while have found out is that this forum is as much about losing friends as it is about finding them. I have lost friends here and have given my condolences more times than I want to remember.

I can accept losing friends here because they or their loved ones are taken away by this horrible disease, I cannot accept losing friends because hurtful comments and insults forced them to leave.

One of the things that we PALS have been told to do is to reduce stress in our lives and I know that my progression speeds up measurably when I am stressed out. These last few days have been stressful and have cost me sleep so I think I'll go read a book for a while.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there, I hope that you have a good day with lots of Love.

Barry

Dear Barry,
I agree with you 100%! I was not on line for a couple of days...just dealing with life...and was mortified to see the ugliness that has taken place. It's shameful how things have carried on here these last few days. Beth would be snapping everyone into shape if she were here to "mother" everyone into behaving with more love and grace. You, and the other PALS on this forum are an ongoing source of encouragement and inspiration. Please do NOT let the petty, immature behavior that has taken place.

Your kindness and encouragement as you live with this awful disease is humbling! Peace to you today! Go enjoy that book!
Prayers for peace and serenity on this beautiful Saturday.
Love,
Melody

I've been a member here for awhile and I've seen both the insightful and the idiotic. Last night I developed a rash of some sort which itched so bad I wanted to scream. This morning although I was doing better I came to that resource known as the internet to see if anyone else had experienced something similar. In order to accomplish this I used the super secret search function.

After some reading and the realization that I have no idea what this is I checked new posts. To my amazement I am assaulted by the equivalent of a grade school playground riot complete with name calling, all caps yelling and "if you won't play my way I'm taking my ball and going home" syndrome. I must admit I was thoroughly entertained for almost a half hour as I read through everything.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for peace but watching supposedly mature adults devolve into screaming hordes scampering to take sides and defend themselves against some pixels on a screen is simply fascinating. So if nothing else thanks to all involved for behaving in a manner sufficient enough to remove my thoughts from this infernal itch.

I can only HOPE for peace among our members and support one for the other. We all have our moments when we are having a very bad day and maybe should not respond until tomorrow?

Romans 12
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Thank you, Jeff for the levity, and, as always, Capt. Al for your calming spirit.

I believe the quote attributed to me was actually made by Kay Marie(Indigosd) She is a very special person too. In rereading posts, I believe in the beginning, every member has been treated with respect, and given helpful advice. That is all we can give, we are not doctors. When our "advice" is ignored, we have become frustrated, and sometimes given harsh responses. I have felt hurt by some of you who do not listen to the advice given. We are here to be your friends, and to offer support and advice, but we can often not give you the answers you are seeking. Peace and HUGS Lori

Hi dear friends. I have been in Jamaica for the Week.. I want to send all of you my love, I hate seeing any of you dear and kind people sad. I do not like to have my friends have more stress than we are all already dealing with, please know that from were I am sitting at this moment the sunset is the most amazing thing ever.. I share it with all of you at this very moment...

You forgot to invite me along? That makes me even sadder :( Just kidding. Hope you're having a wonderful time.

I for one, love Kay Marie and so many of the rest of you. I refuse to allow myself to be dragged into any kind of disagreement on any forum. I've been on the 'net so long I've seen just about every sort of troll imaginable. When the stuff starts getting unpleasant I just shut up and go away for a day or two. Terrible that we've had two of these sorts of incidents just in the space of the last month or so but I guess in the wider scheme of things it could be worse. Let's all gather for a group hug, it's Mother's Day Weekend after all.

Dick

I agree Dick,
Lets all have a group hug for mothers day and hopefully we can start over from now with out the issues of the previous week or so on this forum, which really is a life line for many.

cheers and hugs from "down under"

Peter

Group hug to all my forum family! Love you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back